Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front and Rear Wind Deflectors

Jimota

Saw a white coloured Yaris Cross today which had wind deflectors fitted to the front and rear windows.  Must say it looked really smart with the black translucent covers contrasting really well with the white paintwork.  I’ve never used these deflectors and don’t really know if they are effective or actually work.  I was wondering if any of the members have purchased these deflectors and if they are simple to fit.      
                                                                                                                                                                                    https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-TOYOTA-Yaris-Cross-5d-2021-rear-deflectors-included/15377

I have them on mine. Excellent fit and wouldn't be without them and yes, they do work in the sense of their primary function; especially when it's raining... 

I can endorse Oisin's comment.

I fitted the Climair deflectors to my three door Skoda Citigo around 6 weeks ago. With either window down above 40mph there was a horrible whistle plus water being blown through the window if it started raining. Was tempted by the  cheaper Heko alternative but noted people saying they didn't fit as easy and they need metal clips to fit.

Was really surprised how easy the Climair deflectors were to fit, they just go under the rubber seals and hold in place. Really well made, they look great and really do work! No more whistling, a lot less draught and can have the windows open enough for ventilation when it's wet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DerekHa said:

I fitted the Climair deflectors to my three door Skoda Citigo around 6 weeks ago. With either window down above 40mph there was a horrible whistle plus water being blown through the window if it started raining.

Was really surprised how easy the Climair deflectors were to fit, they just go under the rubber seals and hold in place. Really well made, they look great and really do work! No more whistling, a lot less draught and can have the windows open enough for ventilation when it's wet.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

16 hours ago, CPN said:

I have them on mine. Excellent fit and wouldn't be without them and yes, they do work in the sense of their primary function; especially when it's raining... 

Which make did you go for Colin?

54 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Which make did you go for Colin?

The Heko ones, same as in your original post.

2 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Think they are saying that without any deflectors there was bad wind whistle.  

When herself got her Yaris Cross, only Heko was available. no Climair version was on offer at that time.

So far, we can't fault the Hekos, although personally I do prefer the Climairs .

Interesting debate and thanks to everyone who responded.  Hopefully I’ll get my Yaris Cross next month and make the decision then whether to purchase the deflectors or not.  

17 hours ago, Oisin said:

Another option is the ClimAir wind deflectors.  I have found them to be of better fit and quality than the Heko ones.

https://shop.climair.de/en/fahrzeuge/5094/alle_produkte/toyota/yaris_cross_mxp__/2020_-/suv_5_tueren

I think there is VAT to pay buying from Europe now. 

8 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

I think there is VAT to pay buying from Europe now. 

Yes if you are based in the UK VAT/duty will apply.

This site may be better for UK customers.

https://www.climairuk.com/

Just checked the climate UK site but the deflectors for the Yaris Cross are not listed.  However, they are available on the German site.  Maybe they will be available  in the UK next month.  

2 hours ago, CPN said:

The Heko ones, same as in your original post

Forgot to ask, do these deflectors need metal clips and were they easy to fit?

Cheers

4 hours ago, Jimota said:

Forgot to ask, do these deflectors need metal clips and were they easy to fit?

Cheers

Heko wind deflectors always come with metal clips.  I think they say that they are optional.  I have fitted Hekos twice before and they both needed the metal clips to fit securely.  But even at that, I still found that they slipped out from the window frame a bit over time and needed a gentle push every now and then.

33 minutes ago, Oisin said:

Heko wind deflectors always come with metal clips.  I think they say that they are optional.  I have fitted Hekos twice before and they both needed the metal clips to fit securely.  But even at that, I still found that they slipped out from the window frame a bit over time and needed a gentle push every now and then.

Same experience for me...

• Like 2

Could i ask why members with air con fit these, why drive around with the windows down? 

It's like how people used to ask me why I wanted AC and a sunroof - They don't fulfil the same purpose.

Some times it's just nice to drive around with the windows down and get a bit of fresh air*.

One big advantage I found in my old Mk2 (The only car I fitted wind deflectors to, in this case ironically because the AC didn't work :laugh: ) was you could park somewhere with the windows slightly down and not have rain, twigs, leaves, Cornetto wrappers etc. blown into the car, which my wind deflector-less Mk4 seems extremely prone to if the windows are open even a millimetre! :confused1:

* Well, not down here in London admittedly! :sick: I very rarely open my windows these days because they've closed all the side roads so traffic and pollution on the main roads has increased dramatically - Good job KHAAAAAN! All your clean air initiatives have really made a difference! The pollution is worse than it was before! :censored: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Could i ask why members with air con fit these, why drive around with the windows down? 

Simply because I vape and (contrary to popular belief) it is not smoke but actually steam (water vapour) and the good thing about that is it does not leave any residual kind of smell (I vape iced mango & lychee) however, because it is steam, it has the same effect as huffing on a window! So, with the deflectors and the window slightly ajar, I am able to direct my steam output to the gap in the window and straight outside rather than on the inside of the screen 😉😁 (and, in hot weather, the A/C still is able to do its work...)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I don’t always have the air con on but the thought of having fresh air coming through the windows without any rain or wind appeals to me.  I’ve still to make up my mind if the deflectors are for me but as I stay in a semi rural area and city pollution would not be a problem, I think it might be a good alternative to having the air con blowing all the time.  I think they look pretty good as well.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who have answered, air pollution was the reason i asked the question but as @Cyker said there are places you wouldn't have them open and others where you would, i cannot remeber the last time i drove with them down, horses for courses as they say.

* Well, not down here in London admittedly! :sick: I very rarely open my windows these days because they've closed all the side roads so traffic and pollution on the main roads has increased dramatically - Good job KHAAAAAN! All your clean air initiatives have really made a difference! The pollution is worse than it was before!

• Like 1

It also helps the mpg slightly, even in the hybrids, if you are driving at a sedate pace with the AC off and windows down.

It made a massive difference in the Mk2 - I'd forgotten how much the AC system tanks mpg on petrol engines as, like the hybrids, it made little noticeable difference on the previous diesel Yaris I had!

The one downside with wind deflectors I found is the top part of the window seemed to require a lot more cleaning for some reason! I guess all the dirt getting flicked up doesn't get washed away by rain so more manual cleaning is required.

They also block the view slightly, and there were e.g. some traffic lights that I found harder to see with them installed, although given how poor the general visibility in the Yaris Mk4 is I'm not sure I'd notice if I fitted them to this car :laugh: 

Obscuring the view is one of my concerns and It would be good to sit in a car and test them before deciding to make a purchase.  Initially, I questioned whether they were robust enough to stay in place permanently but they look to be up to the job.

• 1 year later...

Do these wind deflectors decrease cabin noise while driving at higher speeds (70mph)?  I'm thinking of getting a set for my Yaris Cross.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jimota said:

Just checked the climate UK site but the deflectors for the Yaris Cross are not listed.  However, they are available on the German site.  Maybe they will be available  in the UK next month.  

😂🤣 old post but just in case…….

IMG_7174.thumb.jpeg.eed7d40dd24baa08de1c6ae8948b9c4f.jpeg

Ordered some for my Yaris Mk4. If ordering, although there are three colour options, you can’t choose so make sure you leave a comment on the order confirmation.  I’ll post some pics when they are fitted.  I chose “smoke”