Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5th generation Prius.

FROSTYBALLS

Wow, that actually looks rather nice, and who would have predicted a fast Prius?

• Like 2

Lol, the crappy bz4x instrument cluster is here too. Why did they do it. Other than that looks best Prius ever. 

• Like 2

5 cm lower, 5 cm longer wheelbase, double wishbone links in the rear, and 164kw total power - You'd be forgiven for thinking someone who actually likes to drive has had a say here. 😛

Best looking Prius to date. Well done, Toyota!

• Like 4

I can put my cheque book away…..

Toyota have just announced a statement to Autocar that it’s not coming to the UK. 

One of the reasons is clear shift to SUV’s in the UK 🥲

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2023-toyota-prius-radically-redesigned-and-phev-only

• Sad 4

51 minutes ago, Harters said:

Toyota have just announced a statement to Autocar that it’s not coming to the UK. 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11433897/amp/Toyota-unveils-fifth-generation-Prius-hybrid-wont-sold-Britain.html

That's disappointing!

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Harters said:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2023-toyota-prius-radically-redesigned-and-phev-only

Yeah this news really got on my nerves.

They think the reason people buy fewer Prius models is because of the shift to SUV style vehicles - what about considering that the outgoing Prius was slow, noisy and not at all stylish?  More Prius vehicles are being imported into the UK market than ever before, in 2019, 42.51% of newly registered Prius's in the UK were imported, in 2020, 38.04% were imported.  These are huge numbers.  Toyota need to see why they're being imported and not purchased in the UK.

I was really looking forward to replacing my Corolla later next year with an updated Prius PHEV.

Let's see if they offer the same drive train in the Corolla.

• Like 5

Ok, if Toyota think uk buyers goes for suv style cars,  where is the Corolla cross then? 

• Like 6

Must be one of the better looking Toyota’s in a long time. However disappointing the lack of UK sale is, you only have to look at how few saloons are still on sale in that sector. Mondeo, Passat, Camry, Insignia, Accord, Jetta and others have all gone. What is left other than BMW/Audi/MBZ……. Mazda 6, Peugeot 508…. 

• Like 3

Will the next generation C-HR   be built on this platform? If so I’d expect that to come to the U.K. 👍

• Like 1

Just why do UK buyers prefer SUVs?

I know I don't! I'd much rather a four door saloon with a generous boot and folding seats.  Unfortunately the Corolla Saloon wasn't available with the brilliant 2.0litre hybrid drivetrain otherwise I would have opted for that.  Actually I think they've cancelled the Saloon Corolla for the UK market too!

• Like 2

TBH this is fairly typical of Toyota UK; I'm still very much of the opinion they don't know what their core customers want and are chasing the customers of the german brands.

I still remember them originally saying they didn't expect the GR4 to sell well and look what happened to that! They were genuinely shocked and surprised it flew off the shelves so quickly! But they still don't learn...!

But I think unless there is a strong technological breakthrough, all new cars will be expensive SUVs going forward - You can build less car and sell it for more, and having that bulky SUV body means more batteries can be crammed in, which is going to be the largest concern going forward as people get sick of only being able to do 80-odd miles between rapid-charges on long journeys.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darcus said:

I think they've cancelled the Saloon Corolla for the UK market too!

The Prius, Corolla saloon and Camry were all discontinued in the UK this year.

Before the current Corolla was released in 2019, Toyota GB didn't import the Corolla saloon between 2007 and 2018 as saloons have never been that popular in this UK market sector. 

Everyone who wants one should e-mail cr@toyota.co.uk and tell them :naughty: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Everyone who wants one should e-mail cr@toyota.co.uk and tell them :naughty: 

Absolutely have done this! Another person I know that wants one also has. Likely will not make an impact but all those that would be interested in this great looking car should do the same!

• Like 3

I can see Prius gen 5 JDM ( grey import) lurking about towns as ph cars in few years time 😂👍

A3B69719-5AD8-485E-8A95-ECA59BD5F766.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Harters said:

Oh well. Back to the drawing board!

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I can see Prius gen 5 JDM ( grey import) lurking about towns as ph cars in few years time 😂👍

A3B69719-5AD8-485E-8A95-ECA59BD5F766.jpeg

Yeah, if they don't come to their senses it could be like the Estima!! :laugh: 

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Prius, Corolla saloon and Camry were all discontinued in the UK this year.

Before the current Corolla was released in 2019, Toyota GB didn't import the Corolla saloon between 2007 and 2018 as saloons have never been that popular in this UK market sector. 

I think that I can genuinely count on one hand the number of 2019-on Corolla Saloons that I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

I  have been looking forward to seeing what Toyota would do for the fifth generation Prius.  They have introduced a very promising looking car but not import it into the UK.

I'll have to keep my Business Edition plus a lot longer which will save me even more money and be better for the environment, but this is likely to end my 20 year history as a Toyota customer. Sad!

• Like 3

There are some other brands that offer cars which seems very attractive to many ex Prius drivers/owners, fleet and businesses. I personally see interest in MG4 EV, Hyundai and Kia EV’s, VW id series. There are also others new players and with current restrictions to ice cars going full ev might be the better decision for many. If hybrid is must have option for a next car Toyota offers their Prius technology in all new models, just pick the one that suits your preferences and lifestyle the most. 👍 Perhaps Corolla hybrid. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links