Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cordless Pressure Washers

Jimota

I have moved to an apartment where there is no access to an outside water tap.  I’m thinking of buying a cordless pressure washer as I would prefer to clean my own vehicle rather than using the car wash sites around here.  The washer doesn’t need to be all that powerful as I’m more interested in a reliable user friendly machine.  Would appreciate any comments or recommendations.

• 1 month later...

The Worx Hydroshot are pretty handy BUT you need some kind of water supply to run it. 

They can draw water via a plastic pop bottle attached or other water source at the end of its supply pipe. 

If you use the pop bottle method you wont be getting much car cleaning done before it requires refilling. 

• Like 1

A pressure washer isn't the best thing to clean a car with, unless rinsing off  from a distance.

If used close up on a dirty car it can grind dirt into the paintwork.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hadrian1 said:

A pressure washer isn't the best thing to clean a car with, unless rinsing off  from a distance.

If used close up on a dirty car it can grind dirt into the paintwork.

Best always to use snowfoam before attempting to remove dirt.

Regards, John

• Like 2

There’s cordless everything nowadays 👏👏. Until I read this post I never knew that a cordless pressure washer was actually available. Every day is a school day 😆👍

• Like 2

Surprise, surprise, I actually got a Worx Hydroshot for my Christmas.  Owing to the extreme weather I haven’t been able to use it so far.  Will give a quick update once the weather improves.

• Like 4

Still deciding what type of Snow Foam to use with this washer but Autoglym has always been one of my favourite products.

• Like 3

I use Autoglym Polar Blast Snow Foam which I buy when it's discounted below £12 by Amazon or Halfords. It works out roughly 50 pence a go, as I use 100ml of product to apprx 500ml warm water. I couldn't say how it would work using a cordless pressure washer though, as I use a nilfisk pressure washer with a proper Snow Foam lance (not the tat that comes with the machine).

Washed my wifes Yaris yesterday spraying a citrus pre wash on the dirtiest areas before covering with the Snow Foam to dwell for 8 mins or so. Followed by a contact wash, then drying with microfibre drying towel & drying aid.

Came up a treat! Went for a drive this morning & the Yaris needs a wash....

• Like 2

Still waiting for decent weather to wash the car.  Had a look at Autoglym products in Halfords today and couldn’t decide whether to purchase the Polar Blast or the Polar Wash foam versions.  Looking at the instructions, Autoglym recommend that both products should be used but that makes the purchase quite expensive and I don’t know if I could be bothered with a 2 stage foam application, followed by a hand wash.  Additionally, as I don’t have access to a water tap, going back into the house to refill buckets with water does not appeal to me.  I have a 10 litre capacity bucket and was hoping that would be sufficient to finish the job with no more than one refill.  Ideally, I’m looking for a good quality Snow Foam with a single application and is the rinsed off using the cordless pressure washer.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, Jimota said:

Still waiting for decent weather to wash the car.  Had a look at Autoglym products in Halfords today and couldn’t decide whether to purchase the Polar Blast or the Polar Wash foam versions.  Looking at the instructions, Autoglym recommend that both products should be used but that makes the purchase quite expensive and I don’t know if I could be bothered with a 2 stage foam application, followed by a hand wash.  Additionally, as I don’t have access to a water tap, going back into the house to refill buckets with water does not appeal to me.  I have a 10 litre capacity bucket and was hoping that would be sufficient to finish the job with no more than one refill.  Ideally, I’m looking for a good quality snow foam with a single application and is the rinsed off using the cordless pressure washer.

No surprise that Autoglym should advise both products. After all that is what there business revolves around, selling as much product as they can at exorbitant prices. 

Regards, John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the weather will be a fair bit milder and relatively dry in my part of the country tomorrow.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to test my new fangled cordless pressure washer and pour a critical dye over my recently purchased Autoglym polar wash.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, Bernard Foy said:

There’s cordless everything nowadays 👏👏. Until I read this post I never knew that a cordless pressure washer was actually available. Every day is a school day 😆👍

Used a cordless pressure washer for many years for everything needing a spray, fruit trees, lawn weeds, greenfly.  Holds about 5 litres and you can even get back pack ones.  Any good garden centre sells them. 🙂

• Like 3

Weather was too cold after my last comment but temperatures climbed a bit today so I tried out the pressure washer with Autoglym Polar Wash.  Due to earlier rain, there was no need to pre rinse the bodywork, so went straight in with a 50/50 mixture of foaming shampoo and water.  Not the best I’ve seen but it foamed up quite well and I left it on for about 10 minutes.  I had two 12 litre water buckets for rinsing the car and I found on this occasion it was more than enough, however on a hot dry day I think you would need more. My car was absolutely filthy after being covered in mud/spray from HGV

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 7:51 PM, Roy124 said:

Used a cordless pressure washer for many years for everything needing a spray, fruit trees, lawn weeds, greenfly.  Holds about 5 litres and you can even get back pack ones.  Any good garden centre sells them. 🙂

Are you talking about those pump-actions ones you have to pressurise?? :g::laugh: 

• Haha 1

No they are Battery operated and you just plop the hose into a bucket of water.  Not as powerful as a normal pressure washer but it does a pretty good job.  There are several makes available on Amazon and are priced between £45 - £120.  I’ll give a further more detailed update when the weather is a bit more warmer.  Don’t know if I would spend that kind of money on a car washer but it was a Christmas present from my son.

• Like 2

Cyker, yes indeed.

I used to have a Karcher that had a lower pressure for soaps but it died and I got a new one but didn't realise it did not have that function.

I might try the pump type.  The car wash I use used one like that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gave the car a good wash today as it was surprisingly quite mild and pleasant.  My car had only light deposits of dirt and cleaning it was so much easier and quicker than the last occasion.  Started off with light spray of water from my Hydroshot Cordless Pressure Washer followed by a liberal coating of Autoglym Polar Foam.  Left the foam for about 10 minutes and then rinsed off with the Hydroshot.  

On this occasion there was no need to use a sponge or microfibre cloth as the dirt just ran off the paintwork after rinsing.  I have a ceramic coating on my paintwork and this has obviously helped displace the dirt and gunge.  As before, I used 2 x 12 litre buckets of water which was more than enough to complete the task, however during the hotter summer months more water would be required.  

The power washer performed well and the pressure was sufficient to clear the foam in one easy action.  It also removed the dirt from under the wheel arches but I don’t think it would be strong enough to remove really heavy caked on mud.  I have 2 batteries with this particular model but so far the charge has been sufficient that one Battery is enough to complete the entire car washing process.

Overall, I’m really impressed with the pressure washer and the Autoglym Polar foam.  I did have some doubts about how effective both products would perform but the fact that no sponge or cloth was required to wipe away any residue made the job so much easier.  Additionally, the water pressure was sufficient to do the job but not strong enough to cause any damage by blasting the dirt and causing scratches.  If you don’t have access to a water tap and don’t like using automatic and hand wash establishments the cordless pressure washer might be for you.

There is a wide variety cordless washers available online and some of the large DIY stores and prices vary between £45 and £120.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

I'm gonna dig out my W6630 & test it out on the C-HR next week as it really needs an exterior clean.

• Like 2

Reading this, just be had a brain wave.  I have an Earlex paint sprayer.  Normally you put paint in a plastic bottle, switch on and spray.  Sounds as if that might be ideal.

• Like 2

That might work Roy, although you would need plenty of refills.  Can it be connected up to a large water container?  As I said in my previous post, I was really interested in a fairly strong rinse capability rather than a super duper pressure blast of water that could possibly scratch the paintwork.  It would be interesting to see how you get on with your creative and innovative idea.  Cheers.

It has two bottles.  I would need to mix carefully.  Given paint coverage I think two would be enough for the polar foam.  For wash off I would use my Karcher press washer or hose.  Our water pressure is low so I might need the pressure washer. 

I’m with you now, I didn’t realise you also had access to a  Karcher.  If you’re only using a spray gun to apply the foam agent it’s usually a 50/50 dilution with water and one bottle may be enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car is clean right now but I will try with a shampoo solution as a test, see what sort of wetness I can achieve. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links