Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2014 Mk3 Spare wheel

brutus-1965

Hi all,

My Yaris only comes with a can of puncture repair which I am never a fan of; nor am I fan of spacesaver wheels.  I therefore wish to get hold of a full size spare (with jack and brace etc) and fit this in the boot.

The spare wheel well looks big enough and as the weather is VERY WET I can't get out to jack up the car to remove a wheel and try it for size in the boot.  I'm assuming it will fit.

Does anyone have any pictures of a full size spare in the boot ?

The style I have is attached.

Yaris wheel.jpg

Well you may not like the idea of a space saver wheel, but from experience, it works, looks neat and beats the gloop every time. I have sold my mk3 now, but will be putting the spare and all the tools on eBay

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Baytree said:

will be putting the spare and all the tools on eBay

Just a bit too far though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brutus-1965 said:

Hi all,

My Yaris only comes with a can of puncture repair which I am never a fan of; nor am I fan of spacesaver wheels.  I therefore wish to get hold of a full size spare (with jack and brace etc) and fit this in the boot.

The spare wheel well looks big enough and as the weather is VERY WET I can't get out to jack up the car to remove a wheel and try it for size in the boot.  I'm assuming it will fit.

Does anyone have any pictures of a full size spare in the boot ?

The style I have is attached.

Yaris wheel.jpg

A full size will fit in the shallow well but it will disrupt the lower floor level, Toyota do offer a a space saver kit just order the two "kit part numbers"

image.thumb.png.5dc782287b899b7971590b7a0529de5d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so a space saverspare wheel it is going to be then.

I have 175/65/15 alloys fitted as standard so need a T125/70D15 95M spacesaver (Type A).  I also want the foam insert for the wheel which might or might not allow the jack to be fitted there too.

The foam insert I have at the moment in the wheel well houses the inflator and gloop so that would be too big to fit inside the wheel.  I could try to trim it down but that will probably look a mess.

In my search today I have found out that the little bit of plastic trim under the passenger seat which I always thought of was a little odd is in fact the protector cover for the jack.  What a strange place to fit a jack !

No the question is does anyone have a T125/70D15 95M wheel and insert?

2 hours ago, brutus-1965 said:

which might or might not allow the jack to be fitted there too.

My MK3 facelift with space-saver has the jack under the passenger seat. The scissor is wound open a bit to jam it between the provided metal 'brackets'. I'd imagine the latter are on all cars to avoid having different production of body and carpets, but might also be a facelift thing and not on the original 3s.

Have a look (push seat right forward and look under from the left rear footwell).

I have a T125/70D96M spacesaver wheel can supply a jack and possibly the wheel locking device for inside the boot.

I dont have the foam pads I just used a old carpet tile for it to rest on.

57 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

My MK3 facelift with space-saver has the jack under the passenger seat. The scissor is wound open a bit to jam it between the provided metal 'brackets'. I'd imagine the latter are on all cars to avoid having different production of body and carpets, but might also be a facelift thing and not on the original 3s.

I've a '14 reg, pre facelift MK3 and the jack's under the front passenger seat. Don't forget you'll need a wheelbrace.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I have a T125/70D96M spacesaver wheel can supply a jack and possibly the wheel locking device for inside the boot.

Sounds good but you're many miles from me.  Do the jacks have a fold out winder or is that seperate ?

8 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Don't forget you'll need a wheelbrace.

I have a folding spider brace in all my cars and generally find that the factory brace is not long enough to crack nuts.

I'm now looking for a space saver wheel, securing nut and jack with brace and bag etc.

On eBay I see loads of Mk2 wheels up to 2011 but not a lot of Mk3 2012 onwards wheels.

Are they a different PCD ?

7 hours ago, brutus-1965 said:

I'm now looking for a space saver wheel, securing nut and jack with brace and bag etc.

On eBay I see loads of Mk2 wheels up to 2011 but not a lot of Mk3 2012 onwards wheels.

Are they a different PCD ?

I have one with all the bits I am aiming to put on eBay some time soon. 

It’s the OE spare and works across all models. The main thing is it has 4 bolt holes.  Just need to line up packaging, but being Xmas and an online shopping household, it shouldn’t take long to amass the necessary.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links