Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Purchasing space saver tyre

George22

Hi, I have a RAV4 Plug-in hybrid 2022 model which does not include any kind of spare tyre, just sealant.

Has anyone any experience of purchasing a space saver tyre and wheel jack and can recommend where from?  Any advice appreciated, many thanks. 

George in Devon

28 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

That's what I went for too Ernie 👍

It’s a comprehensive kit and seems to be good quality.

• Like 1

I know Dick Turpin...sorry, I mean Mr T robs us blind, but I really do prefer the genuine accessories from them.  

• Like 1

Tried to order when I bought the car, I was told not available to order. Whatever I said made little difference they would not supply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George22 said:

Hi Haydee, many thanks I will have a look there.

Sorry, should have read Hayzee.  My Autocorrect playing up. 

40 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Tried to order when I bought the car, I was told not available to order. Whatever I said made little difference they would not supply.

I'm just wondering if Toyota GB have pulled this from their parts list for a while.  There was huge confusion over mine.  Mine was ordered by the dealer ( as compensation....long story, don't ask).

The part numbers and the items did not match and some where wrong and incompatible and some where missing.  I only got the whole kit, after the parts dept went above and beyond to get all the correct parts to make the complete kit.

Total cock up by Toyota GB !!

Anyway, I have mine and I'm happy......good luck to the rest of you 😆

• Like 1

I don't suppose you have part numbers for the correct bits you can share?

Also maybe some of you can order the parts from PartsKing - He has a knack for sleuthing out the right part numbers for things!!

Nope, a good start point is the part numbers I've listed.  Sorry. You could contact the parts dept at Toyota Jemca Reading.  It was them that done it all.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I don't suppose you have part numbers for the correct bits you can share?

Also maybe some of you can order the parts from PartsKing - He has a knack for sleuthing out the right part numbers for things!!

Bobby has an Aygo......the OP wants it for a RAV4.....agree with Ernie the Road Hero is a good choice

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I'm just wondering if Toyota GB have pulled this from their parts list for a while.  There was huge confusion over mine.  Mine was ordered by the dealer ( as compensation....long story, don't ask).

The part numbers and the items did not match and some where wrong and incompatible and some where missing.  I only got the whole kit, after the parts dept went above and beyond to get all the correct parts to make the complete kit.

Total ***** up by Toyota GB !!

Anyway, I have mine and I'm happy......good luck to the rest of you 😆

When I ordered my Dynamic HEV (18 months ago) I tried to order a space saver at the same time and was told because I had ordered the panoramic roof their system wouldn’t allow them to order it against my VIN.

This is because of the increased weight that would affect the emissions, Toyota can’t be seen to do this, but I could buy a used or 3rd party one.

I believe that the PHEV’s require an 18” diameter wheel whereas the HEV can use a 17” wheel with a T165/80 17 tyre.

22 minutes ago, ernieb said:

The kit I bought was 18”.

The pictures of the Road Hero kit look like the tyre is a LingLong.
Could you please confirm that?

Thanks

22My HEV Dynamic with 19 inch alloys comes with an 18 inch space saver.

IMG_20221122_105535_HDR.jpg

38 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

The pictures of the Road Hero kit look like the tyre is a LingLong.
Could you please confirm that?

Thanks

Yep, correct.

17 minutes ago, Vainona70 said:

Are you sure that is not a US Spec car? i.e. Do UK spec cars come with 235/55R19 tyres?
My 21 Excel has 225/55R19 and no spare, just goop.

15 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Yep, correct.

Thanks.

That's a little unfortunate as it would mean buying the kit and then changing that tyre for something less ditchfinder, regardless of the fact that I hope never to use it.

The search continues.

5 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

Are you sure that is not a US Spec car? i.e. Do UK spec cars come with 235/55R19 tyres?
My 21 Excel has 225/55R19 and no spare, just goop.

Yes I'm sure it's UK spec, there was a change from MY2021 to MY2022.

A chinese tyre is good enough as temporary spare to enable you to limp home or to a garage!

4 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

Thanks.

That's a little unfortunate as it would mean buying the kit and then changing that tyre for something less ditchfinder, regardless of the fact that I hope never to use it.

The search continues.

I think that this tyre would be better than the junk and frankly if I ever had to use it I don’t expect I’d be driving anywhere new the 50mph limit.

Thanks both, I understand completely that the chinese tyre is probably better than the goop and it may be adequate to get me home or to a tyre shop, but that depends a great deal on where I happen to be and what tyres may or may not be available locally, and at what price.

If I end up having to drive any distance - more than 50 miles or so - then I would really rather do it on something in which I have a little more faith, even at sub 50mph.

Other opinions are available and personal risk assesments are, well, personal.

:cheers:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vainona70 said:

My 2021 Dynamic came with 19” alloys, no option of a “factory” space saver because of the panoramic roof.

The manual states T165/80D17 104M on a 17 x 4T alloy wheel  for all wheel  /  tyre combinations.

0D9A7213-93DC-486E-958F-B3C330792823.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links