Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picking up car

Derek.w

Oooh thanks for that, that's pretty awesome! I didn't know you could get a folding e-bike for sub £1000 with half-decent range! List time I looked they cost more than my old diesel Yaris! :eek: 

But yeah things like that are great in Central London, although if you're doing it legally (i.e. not riding on the pavement) you do need to be careful as riding on the congested roads on a tiny bike can be a bit fraught!

• Like 2

Max

Believe it or not, I am a a proud owner of a Fiido X Electric Bike and try to use it on a daily basis.  I am fortunate that there are a lot of off road cycle tracks in my area that enables me to ride a 350w bike which would be otherwise be illegal to ride on a a public road.  Present legislation restrict e-bikes to 250w in the UK.  On the flat, my 66 year old legs work quite well but I need the electric power to assist me on some really steep inclines throughout my local area.  Logically, e-bikes are great for riding in places like central London but they could be abused when people find out that they are capable of speeds in excess of 20mph.

• Like 4

One of the reasons I say the folding bike is better is because bike theft is rife in London, so being able to fold it up and take it with you, rather than having to chain it up outside somewhere, is a massive advantage!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Here’s my folding bike:F80D2F27-A973-4310-A460-D1ACAF307DDB.thumb.webp.9ada77d8d6126345f353702bbb569632.webp

Thats a lovely looking cycle for a folder Jimota, is that really a leccy one?

I'd had an older black Fiido folder with an electric drive, trouble was I opted for 16in wheels and eventually found it was rather tricky keeping it stable and on the straight and narrow. My lad has that one and I went for a 20in wheel, Xiaomi Himo Z20, more of heavy weight but an electric folder all the same, can heave into the boot just about.

There’s a bit of a saga attached to this bike.  I ordered it from China on the Indiegogo crowdfunding venture but due to Covid there was a long delay before I received the bike.  The cost at that time was £800 but it now retails between £1200 -£1600.  I received the bike in January 2022 and was really pleased with it.  However, an American customer experienced the frame snapping at the folded joint around March and the product was recalled.  I received the MK2 version with the updated frame last month and has been perfectly fine.  It’s quite an innovative and futuristic design with the Battery contained within the saddle stem.  Overall, I’m pleased with the bike.

• Like 2

Forgot to say it has 20” wheels, hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano gears, folding frame and pedals, on board computer and a 350w motor.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimota said:

There’s a bit of a saga attached to this bike.  I ordered it from China on the Indiegogo crowdfunding venture but due to Covid there was a long delay before I received the bike.  The cost at that time was £800 but it now retails between £1200 -£1600.  I received the bike in January 2022 and was really pleased with it.  However, an American customer experienced the frame snapping at the folded joint around March and the product was recalled.  I received the MK2 version with the updated frame last month and has been perfectly fine.  It’s quite an innovative and futuristic design with the battery contained within the saddle stem.  Overall, I’m pleased with the bike.

I bought my Fiido back in mid 2020 for £600, thought it was really well made but the 16in wheels I didn't feel happy with. I couldn't find a 20in Fiido available last year due to all the import delays but found a guy importing direct from china with the Xiaomi so went for that it was about £750 I think.

You got a bargain there and a great  looking machine.

• Like 3

One other thing I forgot to add is that the frame is made of magnesium which makes the overall weight of the bike a little lighter.  However, due to the massive Battery it’s still pretty heavy.  The bike works well on any of the 3 power assisted modes but it’s a challenge to cycle without using electric power.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links