Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Replacement?

Cyker

17 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I got caught out by using the word for a quarter of an old penny when using the term for an old 'ordinary' bicycle that had a much larger front wheel than back.

Did you miss the "h"out of the word , farthing?

• Haha 4

Jemca strikes again, useless bunch of ************** it seem its ingrained by the management, i have dealt with 4 branches all F******* useless, parts guys are decent tho, a mare to get on the phone, i tend to drop in to the parts counter, and don't go near them *********** service writers

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I got caught out by using the word for a quarter of an old penny when using the term for an old 'ordinary' bicycle that had a much larger front wheel than back.

You meant penny farthing? 

Just found 3 farthings this week.  Wonder if they have a value. 

48 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

You meant penny farthing? 

Just found 3 farthings this week.  Wonder if they have a value. 

Keep saving at that rate Roy,and you will have a Florin in about two years.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I already have three 3d coins, the silver ones. 

For chrissake, don't call them 'thruppenny bits'. Rhyming slang!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So... now they have the replacement replacement glass and have checked that it is not, in fact, broken... but now they don't have any slots to replace it until after the new year... after my holiday ends... and they don't do weekends... so smeg knows how I'm supposed to make that work...

Cursed I tell you!

• Sad 4

53 minutes ago, Cyker said:

So... now they have the replacement replacement glass and have checked that it is not, in fact, broken... but now they don't have any slots to replace it until after the new year... after my holiday ends... and they don't do weekends... so smeg knows how I'm supposed to make that work...

Cursed I tell you!

No worries about the crack. Some drivers only change cracked screen when they take the car for mot. If it’s not front of your view then it’s ok. 👍

• Like 2

It's more the ridiculous cluster:censored: that this has become that I'm venting about; It's been 2 months! 2 months!! And will likely be a couple more weeks as I have to try and somehow book out a whole day for what I'm sure is only a 2 hour job - I swear they don't seem to comprehend that some of us have to work for a living!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's more the ridiculous cluster:censored: that this has become that I'm venting about; It's been 2 months! 2 months!! And will likely be a couple more weeks as I have to try and somehow book out a whole day for what I'm sure is only a 2 hour job - I swear they don't seem to comprehend that some of us have to work for a living!

Unfortunately this often happens with new cars and perhaps a reason why some strip parts off these cars from the streets. No parts availability and long waiting times when order. I wonder what would they have done if the car was not drivable with completely smashed windshield? Give you a courtesy car for two months? 

• Like 2

It was Autoglass that had the infinity wait time for the glass; They could have fitted it the next day! (In fact, they claim they *had* the glass, but it somehow "went missing" from the system the day before my appointment :wallbash:)

Conversely, my dealer had the glass delivered in 2 days, but it was somehow cracked, and because it was so close to Christmas they couldn't get a replacement out in time.

The problem with the dealer is the service department is terrible at organizing things, so they got the new glass but didn't book in a slot to fit it so now it's overrunning again. I'm still waiting for a call back from them to find out and lock in a day before I put in a leave request, because I know if I try and do it the other way around they will apologetically not have a slot on that day even if I do it in advance.

It's really annoying as if I could somehow combine the two, i.e. get the Glass from Toyota (Who, unlike Autoglass, have excellent logistics), then get Autoglass to fit it (Who, unlike Jemca, actually have available staff), this could have been sorted weeks ago! But no, Autoglass won't use third-party glass and Toyota won't contract Autoglass. So it's yet more hoop-jumping. Customer-focused my shiny metal backside!

• Like 3

The ironic thing is most dealers use outside contractors to fit glass anyway

• Like 3

Oh yes that's another thing - they ARE using an external contractor, but I still have to bring my car to the dealer! I was like, so since you don't have slots can't you just send the *mobile installer* to me and then we can worry about the ADAS later?

Sorry sir but we can't do that.

Why not? What difference does it make?? :wallbash:

• Confused 2

I decided long ago, this country is no longer fit for purpose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve been reading this “cracked screen” posts from beginning and I think poor Cyker is gonna end up cracked himself if it’s not sorted soon 🤔. It’s almost like a soap opera with no immediate end in sight. I’ll just have to keep a lookout to see who shot JR.😁🤔

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

It’s almost like a soap opera with no immediate end in sight.

It's called Christmas.

Is basically 5% of the year written off one way or another. We need a simpler/shorter/cheaper mid-winter celebration. Let's have a mid-summer break instead.

• Like 1

I tried to phone a company today for making an enquiry into a membership renewal.  The recorded message gave this response - “Due to the Covid 19 situation, we are no longer able to deal with your enquiry over the phone, if you require further information please contact us at ????????@.co.uk.  Another example of businesses showing a complete disregard not only to their customers but failing to support their own staff.  I fear there is more of this type of scenario bubbling towards the surface.  To do a balanced review, I must confess that Toyota UK and Macklin Motors Glasgow have given a very good level of customer care over the past few months.

-

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, MikeSh said:

It's called Christmas.

Is basically 5% of the year written off one way or another. We need a simpler/shorter/cheaper mid-winter celebration. Let's have a mid-summer break instead.

Don't make excuses for them, it's nothing to do with Christmas - This is how they've *always* been.

I don't know if they're just badly understaffed so I try to be patient, but I've been trying to call them since yesterday and now this morning to nail down a date and as usual nobody picks up the damned phone. The main number keeps randomly saying the centre is closed too, so maybe they actually have a problem with their phone system, but even at the best of times I'm often waiting 5-10 minutes listening to the on-hold music until someone picks up (I usually give up after that).

Even with e-mails, the only time I've had an e-mail reply, ever, is when I wrote to the head office about a part after failing to get a quote from them directly, and asked if they could contact a different centre (They didn't and just sent the request to the same dealer I specifically asked them not to, so I guess the poor communication problems are just a feature of that dealer group.)

There was only one lady at that group I've interacted with who had any kind of customer service ability and actually called me back and chased stuff up and answered e-mails etc., but of course she was transferred out because apparently their goal is poor customer service...

Will probably have to drive down there *again* just to nail this down!

• Like 1

Okay it turned out they *are* closed, at least parts and service. Not sure why, and even the receptionist seemed confused and wasn't sure why either. Would have been nice of them to have posted that somewhere, e.g. their website?!

Oh well, guess it'll be yet another week; Good thing I didn't book that leave, would have wasted a days pay for nothing!

• Sad 1

They sure seem to like messing about.

Don't know if it's worth trying, but when there were actual insurance brokers on the high street , I used one of them.

Like all businesses they were very quick to demand money owing, but painfully slow to refund when due.

I found out the director's home address, and sent a letter demanding my refund by registered post, this ensured that he was knocked up by the postie about 7am.

I got my refund the next day

So what about an actual letter to the dealer principal by registered post demanding some common sense?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today's the day! Have dropped my off the car at the dealer, hopefully will be done in 4 hours (!), although there're apparently a bunch of outstanding recalls on the car which they want to check too so may be even longer :unsure:

Shoutouts to the reception/greeter Hayley, who seems to be one of the few people there who takes customer service seriously, and was actually taking the time to check on people to make sure they're okay and being seen to!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Today's the day! Have dropped my off the car at the dealer, hopefully will be done in 4 hours (!), although there're apparently a bunch of outstanding recalls on the car which they want to check too so may be even longer :unsure:

Shoutouts to the reception/greeter Hayley, who seems to be one of the few people there who takes customer service seriously, and was actually taking the time to check on people to make sure they're okay and being seen to!

Providing they don’t break it again……. I’ll get my coat 🧥 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Four hours! 

I was told half a day when I took my Ford Anglia in for a screen change.  I went back at the  appointed time and they hadn't started.  I remonstrated and the old glass was removed, the seal cleaned, a cord put in the seal, glass offered and cord pulled. 10 minutes and job done. 

I complained about the 2 hour labour charge. The manager said he could have put on his least experienced worker. 

Still I leant a lesson. 25 years later, having had to pop a rear window on my Fiesta, I put a jungle boot lace in the seal, offered up the glass, pulled cord, job done in 5😁

Even Autoglass are quicker but I think they said don't drive for an hour or so. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Providing they don’t break it again……. I’ll get my coat 🧥 

That too! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links