Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water in footwell

Boltonmc

I have a pool of water in rear drivers side footwell on a Mk 2 Aygo. Cannot locate how its getting in. No water in boot?

• Like 1

Hi there,

You may find that rain that normally gets inside the door has eventually found a way the plastic waterproof membrane that sits behind the interior door card, The membrane should be seal with mastic to the inner skin of the door. Check to see if there any sign of water on the bottom of the door card.

Another cause for water getting into there could be door related again. There should be drain channels at the very bottom of the inner door skin where it meets the outer door skin. If the channels get blocked with dirt and debris water will start to build up inl the door cavity and can then get through that  same membrane.

Other than those a bad rubber door seal would be favourite but would be trace the leak as more obvious.

• Like 3

As DerekHa sugest plus check under the door itself for drains holes that are blocked good idea plus do the following.

Have you checked with someone inside looking for water coming in when you spray around the door edge if you locate a leek pull door ruber down in that area and insert some insulated copper wire then press the seal back on and re check for water ingress.

• Like 4

Thanks for the suggestions Derek H and Derek W. I have now checked behind the door card and its bone dry, under door drain holes clear. Its really puzzling. I wonder if water is getting behind the seal which runs from back to front and running down inside body Shell and gathering in the rear footwell. There are lots of posts regarding leaks on the MK1 but nothing on the MK2.

Hi again Martin,

I spent a couple of hours yesterday sealing the high level brake light on my partners Citroen C1. There was about a cm off water lying in the wheel well and the sound insulant and carpet were wet, now dried off indoors.

It occured to me looking at the shape of the boot floor, it would be possible for water to make its way from the right hand side of the floor panel under the rear seat and then run into rear passenger foot well. To be able do that though I'm sure that it would only happen if you park somewhere on an incline with the front of the car downhill.

If the highlevel brake light gasket has gone, most seem to, then water makes it way inside the the box section above the tailgate and then runs along the internal body work down behind the carpet lining the side of the boot. If you parked level it ends up in the spare wheel well but any incline will affect which way gravity takes that water.

Is the front to back seal you mention one of the two black plastic trims on the roof?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links