Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 2008 Sat Nav problem

Rabmob

I am looking for help with Sat Nav problem, I removed disc for updating Sat Nav and now have a message saying program cannot be read consult dealer, I put the original disc back in and it just ejects it ? But it was working fine until I removed the disc ! Anyone help with this issue ? 

Hi Robert,

Just a thought! Have you checked the disc for marks and scratches?

Also the player you insert it into is basically a CD ROM player, same as you'd have on desktop pc. They're very much like CD players with a laser head that reads the information off the disc. Like CD players the laser lens can become dirty/dusty, if you have or can get hold of one of those CD lens cleaner discs that could get you going again.

5 hours ago, DerekHa said:

Hi Robert,

Just a thought! Have you checked the disc for marks and scratches?

Also the player you insert it into is basically a CD ROM player, same as you'd have on desktop pc. They're very much like CD players with a laser head that reads the information off the disc. Like CD players the laser lens can become dirty/dusty, if you have or can get hold of one of those CD lens cleaner discs that could get you going again.

Hi Thanks, Have tried the Cs lens no scratches on the original disk but not sure if you need to insert one or more discs but just have the origonal that was already in the unit, but will keep trying 👍

If your sat nav has two slots, make sure you are putting the DVD into the correct slot.

Yes it is right slot but phoned an engineer and he has said when I tried putting a version 3 disc in to update the Nav Maps it may have corrupted the head unit as it’s a version 1

That sounds like it could be terminal for your head unit Robert an likely an expensive learning curve 😕, not trying to rub salt in your wounds though. May be sourcing a known good replacement head unit is the easiest and cheapest option now.

Hope you get it sorted Rabmob

Hi I have a 2008 Avensis estate  which has the sat nav dvd but is showing the other end of the country on the screen? is there a gps antenna which could be faulty or need reset?  

also my clock and radio presets etc reset to 12:00 evey time ignition is switched off and on , and interior dome lights dont work? could these issues be linked? thanks 

Iain 

Hi Iain, welcome to the club.

I'm not sure the cause of your problem, maybe you should start with the simplest thing, i.e. the light.

And you should start a new topic for your problem.