Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 2016 high beam not working

Asif1517

Hi, i have a toyota auris 2016 hybrid. The problem i have is when i change the headlight bulb the hight beam does not work. If the headlights are switched off the high beam works ok but if the dipped beam is on then the high beam does not work. When i took it to the garage last time this happened he took the headlight out and did something in the headlight and it worked till the bulb blew again. I ask him what it was but he did not tell me so any help would be much appreciated.  

Thank you.

I don't get it. The headlights is projector type. The high and low beam are exactly the same bulb and housing. Only the screen/block is up or down. Basically high beam is full blast without any blocking plate. There is no way you can have high beam if the low beam is off. It is the same bulb. 

The bi-LED has no replacable bulbs except for turn signal. Your 2016 may also come with Safety sense and automatic high beam. 

• Like 1

Is it one or both sides, do you have HID's (D4S) or the standard halogen, sounds like the solenoid has died that controls the beam = new headlight

A similar recent topic

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, flash22 said:

Is it one or both sides, do you have HID's (D4S) or the standard halogen, sounds like the solenoid has died that controls the beam = new headlight

A similar recent topic

It is an expensive trouble shooting.  We can start first with relays and fuses.  Check if there is any particular relays for the headlights selenoid. 

• Like 1

I did in the other thread if you would like to have a read, op has not responded, the solenoid is part of the headlight assembly, I was informing the OP of the likely outcome

the solenoid doesn't use a relay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From your post it would appear that this was not the first time this has happened and  you have had problems with this a couple of times. I would certainly take Flash22 advice.

Assuming that you paid for this when it happened before why not contact the garage explain what has happened and ask the manager if necessary to have a word with the mechanic.  If you use this garage on any regular basis they should value your custom and give you the answer.

It is a bitter pill to replace headlights assembly.  The HID/Xenon headlights unit is pretty expensive unles the housing is identical with the HIR2 that we can order from Autodoc for about £200 from Valeo.  I think Bob is right, selenoid does not consume large wattage and no need for relays.  Only the whole headlights unit have relays mostly for the xenon burner or 110Watt HIR2 halogen.  The ony relays I ever replaced in Toyota was AC relays.  I was fortunate enough not replacing compressor,or other expensive AC parts and found the problem quick by just staring at the clutch of the AC on my Sienna compressor that never engage. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links