Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nextbase 380GWX front and rear dash cams

Newbie47

Has anyone else had the front and rear dash cams fitted by Toyota?

It’s my first experience of dash cams and the dealer hadn’t had training on the use of them so just ran through a few of the basics. 

I’m interested in the parking mode - silly question but if I switch this on in the app will it turn itself off automatically when I go to use the car? The dealer also indicated that if I turn on the automatic connect to Wi-Fi mode I can’t have the parking mode on? 

Interested in how it all works and would appreciate any advice. Please be kind Newbie here as the name suggests! 

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Newbie47 said:

Yes

I’m interested in the parking mode - silly question but if I switch this on in the app will it turn itself off automatically when I go to use the car?

AFAIK parking mode depends on the camera having the optional battery installed.  The camera is off in parking mode until the car is bumped.  AFAIK there is no App involved. 

The dealer also indicated that if I turn on the automatic connect to Wi-Fi mode I can’t have the parking mode on? 

Misunderstanding here. You can't look at the video on the App while it is recording.  That said, the other day I think I had a live view. 

Your best bet is ask Nextbase these questions.  Their support is very good and product specific. 

• Thanks 1

Parking mode is OK, but a bit slow to start recording after an impact or something moving in the view of the camera.

The parking mode once activated in the app, will automatically work providing the Battery is installed - if you bought the official toyota 380GWX then it should be included.

Downside is when active it shuts down if you are parked up even with the ignition on. So if you are in the drive thru queue it can go to sleep then starts up when you start driving. Not great if another car hits you then...

I have it on for peace of mind unless I know I am not parking unattended. 

Also as above, pretty sure wifi auto on can be active with parking mode, except I don't think you can connect to it if its in parking mode (ignition off). Proble, here is if your phone is used for data, you will probably confuse it as it will connect to the camera and no Internet.  So just remember to turn off WiFi on phone if using mobile data.

1 hour ago, trashman1965 said:

Parking mode is OK, but a bit slow to start recording after an impact or something moving in the view of the camera.

The parking mode once activated in the app, will automatically work providing the battery is installed - if you bought the official toyota 380GWX then it should be included.

Downside is when active it shuts down if you are parked up even with the ignition on. So if you are in the drive thru queue it can go to sleep then starts up when you start driving. Not great if another car hits you then...

I have it on for peace of mind unless I know I am not parking unattended. 

Also as above, pretty sure wifi auto on can be active with parking mode, except I don't think you can connect to it if its in parking mode (ignition off). Proble, here is if your phone is used for data, you will probably confuse it as it will connect to the camera and no Internet.  So just remember to turn off WiFi on phone if using mobile data.

Thank you - much appreciated

On 11/27/2022 at 6:01 PM, Newbie47 said:

It’s my first experience of dash cams and the dealer hadn’t had training on the use of them so just ran through a few of the basics. 

I’m interested in the parking mode - silly question but if I switch this on in the app will it turn itself off automatically when I go to use the car? The dealer also indicated that if I turn on the automatic connect to Wi-Fi mode I can’t have the parking mode on? 

Interested in how it all works and would appreciate any advice. Please be kind Newbie here as the name suggests! 

Thanks in advance.

You need to order a Battery as it doesn't come with 1 in it because we asked Toyota as they don't know.

We had our car fitted with a front & back Toyota Nextbase 380gw but didn't pickup when they stripped our front end of our car as we found out there was no Battery.

The Battery is £20 from Nextbase website.

3 hours ago, Georgey Porgey said:

You need to order a battery as it doesn't come with 1 in it because we asked Toyota as they don't know.

We had our car fitted with a front & back Toyota Nextbase 380gw but didn't pickup when they stripped our front end of our car as we found out there was no battery.

The battery is £20 from Nextbase website.

Mine came with the Battery. Am just figuring out how to use it. Would recommend. Sorry to hear of your experience - hope you get it all sorted.

Mine came with a Battery fitted as well - just had to activate parking mode in the Cam Viewer app as its disabled by default.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Mine came with a battery fitted as well - just had to activate parking mode in the Cam Viewer app as its disabled by default.

Do you use the automatically connect to Wi-Fi option with the parking mode switched on? 

4 minutes ago, Newbie47 said:

Do you use the automatically connect to Wi-Fi option with the parking mode switched on? 

No - I don't use that option.

• Thanks 1