Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 windscreen misting

Brn

Since you've done all that work over the weekend and dried out all of the boot parts and the wheel well, would be interesting to hear if there's a any improvement today on the misting problems you'd been having.

27 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Since you've done all that work over the weekend and dried out all of the boot parts and the wheel well, would be interesting to hear if there's a any improvement today on the misting problems you'd been having.

I can report back towards the end of the week, when I'll be using the car.

There are some other links too in the net, but that seems to be from Toyota...

Almost forgot that while I was at it, I cleaned and lubricated the tailgate gas struts, which were sticking and squeaking.

I used this video as a guide.

But used bearing grease on the pivot points and bicycle suspension grease on the piston. Now it opens a little easier and a lot more quietly.

But man! That tailgate is heavy! I worked on one strut at a time, so the other was still pushing, but it was still heavy. Should have used a pole or plank to prop it up.

It is a fairly easy job though.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:16 PM, avetoy said:

Wondering if this would help:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/avensis/

That's where I have been looking unsuccessfully.

What exactly is the frame number the EPC is asking for?

On the plate in the passenger door jam there is a "model" code and what I assume the VIN no.

Neither works on the EPC site.

The misting seems to, perhaps, slightly improved. It is hard to tell with changing conditions.

I have not checked the boot for the leak yet.  Now we have snow.

If the tailgate seal is available and the price is not massive, I still think it will be best to replace it. And also the window seals on the doors.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, NeilAvensisT said:

Plus one for the cracked/brittle/frayed window seals as well....our cars must be twins!

@NeilAvensisT could you check here with your frame number? https://toyota.epc-data.com/avensis/

Mine does not seem to work. I am after the tailgate and the side window seal part numbers.

Ok. I had more luck in looking up the part numbers on the www.japan-parts.eu site, which weirdly doesn't work on my phone, but does on a laptop....

Based on the part number search, I have landed on Amayama.com

Shipping cost will be an interesting one as it comes from Japan.

Have you guys got experience in dealing with UK breaker yards? Is it all on the Bay nowadays? Do they only want to sell big assemblies, like a complete door or are they willing to strip small parts?

I would probably not buy the tailgate rubber seal from a breaker, but maybe the side window strips if in good nick.

20221212_120901.jpg

Hi again Barna,

How about you give this place a try, link below, they're on the Bay but seem to have an extensive amount of Toyota parts for sale so may be able to supply what you're looking for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202983797371

See what they say.

13 hours ago, NeilAvensisT said:

Send me a DM

I have since found the info I was looking for. Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, Brn said:

Based on the part number search, I have landed on Amayama.com

Shipping cost will be an interesting one as it comes from Japan.

Have you guys got experience in dealing with UK breaker yards? Is it all on the Bay nowadays? Do they only want to sell big assemblies, like a complete door or are they willing to strip small parts?

I would probably not buy the tailgate rubber seal from a breaker, but maybe the side window strips if in good nick.

20221212_120901.jpg

Postage is £46 + any customs duties? I need to look that up.

Jap Parts doesn't have these at the moment. Also buying used, unless they are mint, may not be that good as these seem to be "perishable".

I might ask Toyota UK just to get a perspective...

1 hour ago, Brn said:

Postage is £46 + any customs duties? I need to look that up.

Jap Parts doesn't have these at the moment. Also buying used, unless they are mint, may not be that good as these seem to be "perishable".

I might ask Toyota UK just to get a perspective...

😵😵💫 Got a quote from a UK dealership. The 5 items came to over £500...

Update

I think the condensation issue has improved but not gone away. And probably never will.

I did not order the seals from Toyota or Japan in the end. Bur I have found one rear left window weatherstrip on the Bay. I'll hunt them down one by one.

During the frost last week, the side seals were frozen to the windows. That's how they get so chipped.

After the rains go this week, I'll check the boot area again to see if the leak has improved.

• Like 1

Sounds like your making some progress Barna.👍

23 hours ago, Brn said:

During the frost last week, the side seals were frozen to the windows. That's how they get so chipped.

That is interesting. Some of mine are very ragged and I had assumed that it was due to a previous owner using a jet washer. But I can now see how lowering the windows while the seals are frozen to it could also cause that kind of damage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links