Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple carplay satnav very loud!!

WALLOP

It might be just me being new to the iPhone or fairly new to the car but when i use the iPhone sat nav the voice direction is very loud and i can't find a way as yet of making it quieter. The built in Toyota sat nav is fine for volume but not a patch on useability compared to the iPhone. Does anyone know of a way of adjusting the sound level either within the iphone menu or car software. Any help much appreciated. If listening to music at the same time as using the satnav then adjusting the volume on the head unit whilst reducing the satnav volume also makes the music too quiet.

You might be able to adjust it by finding the 'Voice' setting on the infotainment unit if I remember correctly. Basically it's the same setting used to adjust the built-in sat nav volume.

That worked for my Android but don't know about iPhones.

If you adjust the volume knob or steering controls while the CarPlay is speaking, that should adjust the volume going forward.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I have now managed to solve the issue by delving deep into the iPhone options. For those interested the procedure is :-

settings-google maps-notifications-navigation-sounds and voice-guidance-volume.   The options are default set to normal which is far too loud for me so it can be changed to "softer" or "louder".

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links