Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justice.

Rhymes with Paris

One thing that I have noticed in general over the last couple of decades or so, in the media and real life,is just how quickly the petty, and some more serious criminals are to call for help from the police when they become victims or need help themselves.

While at the same time spouting about how they hate the police, authority, and the innocent victims (or targets is my preferred term)who legitimately report crimes,who they refer to as "grasses".

I thought "grasses" were fellow criminals involved in joint crimes,who when they are collared, burst into tears in the police interview when they realise how much trouble they are in, and then make statements that assist in convicting their associates.

But realistically I suppose, semantics and reasoned thinking are not among the talents of the knuckle draggers and larceny inclined.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The biggest problem with the police is they have been cut to the bone; They need to be paid better so they're less likely to be tempted by corruption and need more people so they can support each other in what is otherwise a very thankless job.

Where I live, almost all the police stations have been closed!! It's no surprise they can't cope and have to prioritise only the really bad crimes, on top of whatever Crime of the Month they're forced to by politicians.

When I moved here, there were still regular patrols, aka The Beat, but I can't even remember the last time I saw a PSCO, never mind an actual police officer, on the street. I think most of the younger generation don't even know that was a thing as they've never seen it!

Couldn't agree more Cyker. 👍

When I were a boy.....Errr!

No when I first started in the force in 1980 the Police where recruiting like crazy! Some of the officers who had more time in than me, though younger in years, would tell of being on a shifts before this when they would only have 2 or 3 officers on duty in inner city areas.

By the time they finished recruiting the shift I worked with was around 15 to 20 officers strong, enough for 5 or 6 walking their beats, 3 or 4 UBV's (Panda's) and usually 2 Fast Response vehicles (Zulu's), 3 Sergeants and of course the Inspector. Then of course we always had a well manned Traffic department to call on when in need.

Much better days and back then!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

One thing that I have noticed in general over the last couple of decades or so, in the media and real life,is just how quickly the petty, and some more serious criminals are to call for help from the police when they become victims or need help themselves.

While at the same time spouting about how they hate the police, authority, and the innocent victims (or targets is my preferred term)who legitimately report crimes,who they refer to as "grasses".

I thought "grasses" were fellow criminals involved in joint crimes,who when they are collared, burst into tears in the police interview when they realise how much trouble they are in, and then make statements that assist in convicting their associates.

But realistically I suppose, semantics and reasoned thinking are not among the talents of the knuckle draggers and larceny inclined.

The irony is quite deafening :laugh: 

It's amazing how peoples attitude can change when they realize there are consequences to their actions!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DerekHa said:

Couldn't agree more Cyker. 👍

When I were a boy.....Errr!

No when I first started in the force in 1980 the Police where recruiting like crazy! Some of the officers who had more time in than me, though younger in years, would tell of being on a shifts before this when they would only have 2 or 3 officers on duty in inner city areas.

By the time they finished recruiting the shift I worked with was around 15 to 20 officers strong, enough for 5 or 6 walking their beats, 3 or 4 UBV's (Panda's) and usually 2 Fast Response vehicles (Zulu's), 3 Sergeants and of course the Inspector. Then of course we always had a well manned Traffic department to call on when in need.

Much better days and back then!

Yeah, I do think this is something that needs fixing badly and it's not just the police - The NHS, the Fire brigade, even the education sector are all public sector institutions that are badly understaffed and under funded.

They need to raise everyones wages so they aren't in a constant state of anxiety over being able to stay alive, then figure out what they need to do their jobs properly and fund that, instead of running everyone at 110% constantly and expecting them to cope with 2 pens and some selotape.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I do think this is something that needs fixing badly and it's not just the police - The NHS, the Fire brigade, even the education sector are all public sector institutions that are badly understaffed and under funded.

They need to raise everyones wages so they aren't in a constant state of anxiety over being able to stay alive, then figure out what they need to do their jobs properly and fund that, instead of running everyone at 110% constantly and expecting them to cope with 2 pens and some selotape.

A man after my own heart Cyker!

• Like 2

Everything needs fixing I am concerned about what things will be like when my kids are older. I can't protect them all the time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Markyswan said:

Everything needs fixing I am concerned about what things will be like when my kids are older. I can't protect them all the time.

Think anyone who keeps up with current events feels like you Mark, I worry about my kids but they're all growed up now, i really worry for my teenage grandson and what the future holds for him.😧

Can only hope that this country and the world get to grips with it all!

• Like 2