Do Not Sell My Personal Information

adaptive cruise control not activating

gherardo

Good morning,

the adaptive cruise control of my new corolla cross hybrid can not activate. it says go to owners manual wich in turn does not say anything about this. Anyone can help?

thanks

gherardo

12 minutes ago, gherardo said:

my new corolla cross

Presume you're in Italy rather than the UK, which you have stated in your profile - especially in light of the fact the Corolla Cross isn't available in the UK currently !!

Please confirm.

I tested a Corolla Cross a week or so ago.
The button that activates the adaptive cruise also activates the ordinary cruise, and the speed limiter.

Perhaps you have scrolled past the AC option???

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presume you're in Italy rather than the UK, which you have stated in your profile - especially in light of the fact the Corolla Cross isn't available in the UK currently !!

Please confirm.

you are right , i am in italy

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Please confirm.

you are right , i am in italy

i had to write i was based in essex because this is the only community i found !🤨

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gherardo said:

i had to write i was based in essex because this is the only community i found !🤨

Profile changed to 'Other/NonUK'.

Actually i had a rav4 before and rented a corolla so i am quite used to it . it simply does not start and does not say why. i guess i have to go back to the dealer

Have you pressed the button at 3 o'clock, then at 6 o'clock?  Or if it has controls with a toggle switch like my Yaris Cross the technique is quite different. 

On the left of the switch cluster are 3 buttons.  Top sets the radar spacing, bottom activates speed limiter.  Middle engages cruise control. 

In the centre is a toggle switch. Down sets the speed.  Up increases the speed.  You must press down before you press up. 

A long push Up increases speed in 5 per hr steps up to the speed limit.  Long push down drops in 5 /hr increments.  Short push is increments of 1.

Pressing the large button at 3 o'clock cancels the ACC.  Pushing centre button up resumes the CC. 

Now if you press the CC select button on the left it disengages CC and you need to press it again to re engage. 

Confused?   

Indeed ask your dealer. 

• Like 1

Thanks Roy, I tried everything because, as I said , I owned before a Rav4 and then rented a Corolla until they delivered this new corolla cross . I took it  back to the car dealer and they fixed it. I guess it was a bug. Thank you all for helping

Just checking but on mine I press the CC button once for Adaptive CC (radar sensitive)... but for normal CC you had to press and hold the CC button for one second until it tells you it is in normal mode.