Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car has “forgotten” me

Malop

Set the car up on Saturday and all working fine until today. 
Sometime today the MyT app moved my car back to in queue and waiting for pickup at retailer and when I get in the car the car doesn’t think it has a linked account. 
Anyone else had this?

Yes, I recall something similar in 2020. I'd set-up the car in the app and all was fine for about 24 hrs when someone at the dealership helpfully 'unset' everything again. They feigned ignorance but I can't see what else could have happened ...

IIRC I simply had to set everything up again ... but it was two years ago now!

8 hours ago, Malop said:

Set the car up on Saturday and all working fine until today. 
Sometime today the MyT app moved my car back to in queue and waiting for pickup at retailer and when I get in the car the car doesn’t think it has a linked account. 
Anyone else had this?

Ouch! That sounds like a serious bug at Toyota. Didn’t happen to me, but there was something similar during the recall, where the status of my vehicle order was all over the place. If I were you I’d report the issue to Toyota and seek an explanation. Has this affected your favourite feature of remembering your memorised seat positions?

6 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

Has this affected your favourite feature of remembering your memorised seat positions?

Doesn’t seem to have messed memory seats up but I don’t think they’re profile based, they just use the two buttons.

I added the car back in MyT this morning, ignoring the one in Purchased which had reset back to at retailer. 
Added using VIN number then scanned QR code in infotainment to reconnect to car. Worked fine and brought all my settings (including sat nav favourites) down from the Cloud. 
Hopefully won’t have to do again now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malop said:

Doesn’t seem to have messed memory seats up but I don’t think they’re profile based, they just use the two buttons.

I added the car back in MyT this morning, ignoring the one in Purchased which had reset back to at retailer. 
Added using VIN number then scanned QR code in infotainment to reconnect to car. Worked fine and brought all my settings (including sat nav favourites) down from the Cloud. 
Hopefully won’t have to do again now

Ah well, that's something at least. Let's hope it doesn't forget you again.

User profiles are a neat idea in principle. You can, apparently, hop between vehicles and your profile will be loaded. But, honestly, how many people would actually benefit from that? Versus the potential problems it can cause. In my engineering days, we used the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid). The last thing you want to see is a pop up on the display saying "Unable to load user profile", which mysteriously happened to me a couple of times.

• Like 2

On a perhaps related matter, this is the last thing you need to see when driving on a main road.

Over the past few days, the car kept popping up this dialog box. I relented in the end by entering my very long password, but this isn't the kind of display you want to see whilst driving.

IMG_0136.thumb.jpeg.d6c1ed6c23809a96f6fc4962868bdedd.jpeg

• Like 4

This is why I like simpler, more ergonomic and focused systems, and don't like this smart-phone-ification of cars, but alas I think we're already well on the slippery slope!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Mister Mike said:

On a perhaps related matter, this is the last thing you need to see when driving on a main road.

Over the past few days, the car kept popping up this dialog box. I relented in the end by entering my very long password, but this isn't the kind of display you want to see whilst driving.

dont have your app open / live in your phone when you enter the car. I have raised as a bug report already. Its really annoying

• Like 4

Out of the blue, dealer rang to see how I getting on with the Dull Connect.  He said he would visit tomorrow morning. 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

Over the past few days, the car kept popping up this dialog box

I’ve also had this recently. Might coincide with me using remote aircon to warm the car. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malop said:

I’ve also had this recently. Might coincide with me using remote aircon to warm the car. 

I thought so to originally. When setting the car to preheat for 10 min and getting in the car with lets say 2 min to go, but i am 99% its dont have the app open / live in your phone when you enter the car. I have raised as a bug report already. Its really annoying

As an aside, fascinating to see the 3D map display.  On the Yaris Cross, if you are not looking closely you will not see the difference between 2D and 3D. 

Lots wrong with that Smart Connect display.  Roads hard to pick out in the daylight mode though easier on the night display. 

15 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

(I don't have my BZ4X yet) Does this only happen when you've Android Auto connected? 

I also had this problem with profile not being synced a few days ago and whatever I do it seems to return. Usually a few minutes after setting off. Must be a bug in the software. As others have noted it may be linked with CarPlay. I don’t use the remote A/C so that hasn’t been the reason why I have the problem. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb5f71ef8f3aab16314d344b9118e0a.jpeg

The MyT app is not working. my profile is not syncing and web browser client is not available - at least the wheels are not falling off...

20221206_135022.jpg

20221206_134959.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Empty Sea said:

The MyT app is not working. my profile is not syncing and web browser client is not available - at least the wheels are not falling off...

20221206_135022.jpg

20221206_134959.jpg

Do you use Apple CarPlay ?

8 hours ago, Kieran78 said:

(I don't have my BZ4X yet) Does this only happen when you've Android Auto connected? 

I don't know. I use CarPlay. FYI, I typically have the CarPlay navigation on screen. When this dialog box pops up, the CarPlay map flips out and it shows the regular Toyota navigation map instead. Some serious twisting of knickers going on.

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

As an aside, fascinating to see the 3D map display.  On the Yaris Cross, if you are not looking closely you will not see the difference between 2D and 3D. 

Lots wrong with that Smart Connect display.  Roads hard to pick out in the daylight mode though easier on the night display. 

I only use the CarPlay navigation map. It's always going to be way better than anything that a car manufacturer can come up with / support.

Also had same issues. I don't use Android Auto or Apple Carplay but noticed it seemed to happen more if i had preheated the car. 

I'm also having issues in the app with the smart charging, it won't show as subscribed like the other connected services do, consequently i can't unlock a charger with the app, or search for charging costs as it says i haven't got an active subscription, yet when i login online to dcs it says both app and card are active

I had a reply from Toyota yesterday: "We are experiencing a few intermittent issues with account access on the latest multimedia systems, this is being actively looked into with a solution already in the works." However, the MyT app is still not working this morning.

After reading all your comments above, it's making me re-think whether I should buy the BZ4X in January and maybe just leave it for a year till all the issues are sorted out. 😧

2 hours ago, egg said:

I'm also having issues in the app with the smart charging, it won't show as subscribed like the other connected services do, consequently i can't unlock a charger with the app

I’ve emailed them about this as well. Will update here if I get a reply 

People having MyT app issues over on the RAV4 PHEV forum, connection issues with the Toyota servers, including me.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, philip42h said:

Out of idle curiosity / academic interest I'd love to know the best and worst economy / consumption figures that bZ4X owners are achieving - in miles / kWh or whatever ... 🙂

(Over a reasonable length journey that is rather than 'instantaneous' 😉 )

On 12/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, Empty Sea said:

20221206_135022.jpg

20221206_134959.jpg

On 12/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, Mister Mike said:

I have been having similar issues. Was unable to type my password when the passanger tried. When I could login it behaves as if I was connecting forthe first time. QR code appeared and used my phone to finish the setup. 

Even when I had that profile cannot be synced screen I was able to charge an warm the car as per schedule.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links