Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping

Emma lidbury

Can anyone help I’ve just gone out to my car to go out, I’ve put the lights on and my seatbelt, as I put the car into reverse it started beeping through the dashboard, I put it into drive to see if it was still happening and it was, I’m not sure if it’s my Battery I just want some clarification. Thank you

What sort of beep, anything on the passenger seat ? Door fully closed ? Boot shut properly ? Does it still do if you turn the lights off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

What sort of beep, anything on the passenger seat ? Door fully closed ? Boot shut properly ? Does it still do if you turn the lights off

I agree with Flash22, My Avensis drives me mad if I put a bag of groceries on the passenger seat. Switch off the ignition and have a look round is there anything that is out of the ordinary? Restart the engine and see whether the beeping starts again.

• Like 2

I NEVER put groceries on the seats, not because of the beeping, because of possible leaks from any of the contents !! Use the footwell or the boot !!!  Also, if you have a bump or accident, a flying tin of beans can do a lot of damage...and whilst I'm in that topic, so can a dog !!! The amount of car drivers I see with a dog on the front seat, jumping around or sitting on their lap !!

• Like 2

There have been some issues with beeping and a few of the reasons are handrake not fully down, possible clutch plate overheating if mmt auto, low petrol warning.Toyota safety sense fitted, x- set navigation system, 

Hope some of these helps

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Emma lidbury said:

Yes it is

is it flashing N or neutral at the same time?

Mine recently started beeping when I drive off on a small incline, short beep, red light for power steering goes on, and off again fast.

Need to check fluids for power steering I guess but the car is being sold and given back to the dealer in a month or so.

• Like 1

You have to top it off with electricity - as the power steering is electrical 😉

• Haha 1

Honestly true, I was wondering... thought I read it was an electrical system 🙂

But since the light went on shortly after starting on an incline, i was doubting again.

Thanks for your remarks 😁

Would you happen to have any papers on the new aygo X ... does it have a clutch cable or a small hydraulic pump there ?