Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat

Dave the aygo

Has anyone had any problems with the drivers seat sagging a bit and the seat cover looks loose when you get out of the car or is it just me?? 

Hi Dave,

As the car is not that old if it is sagging that bad I would take it back and get them to take a look. The only other way to help would be to buy a stretchable seat cover for the drivers seat. However this shouldn't happen with a year old vehicle. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Dave the aygo said:

Has anyone had any problems with the drivers seat sagging a bit and the seat cover looks loose when you get out of the car or is it just me?? 

In general Toyota seats are fairly rugged and the car being one year old it should be in almost new condition. Having said that we don’t know what mileage is on the car or if it’s previous owner if it had one was very oversized. If you’ve owned it from new then a comparison with a similar model might be a useful guide.

• Like 3

Thanks for your thoughts this is the fifth aygo I've had and I bought it new less then 7000 on the clock this is why I wondered if there may be a problem I agree the seats are normally very good I have got it booked in for its first service in Jan so I will get them to have a look

These seats are turned out in their thousands all under strict conditions using the same production methods and the same materials in every seat so it would be very difficult and unusual to get a wrong one.

Its still possible for a spring to snap or the foam to go through the springs.

Springs these days I discribe as zig sag springs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Likely a busted spring or a bad bit of foam, stick your head under the seat and have a look

• Like 3

I will have a look at the weekend 

Thanks for the ideas 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update took car into the dealership and the seat cover or seat will need replacing under warranty so will now have to wait to find out when it can be done

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The drivers seat on mine was loose and bubbled up they put a new cover on under warranty although it looks like it might be going again will have to keep an eye on it. The service advisor said Toyota would not approve a new seat although if yours is sagging they may well do.

• Like 1

As a comparison : I have a 2021 Aygo and the seat is in perfect condition after about 12000 km. Nothing wrong with it.
Could / should be the same in any Aygo.

The dealership said there have been a few cases about the seats I have never had this problem with the other aygos will have to wait and see what they replace 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rosgoe said:

The drivers seat on mine was loose and bubbled up they put a new cover on under warranty although it looks like it might be going again will have to keep an eye on it. The service advisor said Toyota would not approve a new seat although if yours is sagging they may well do.

How long did you have to wait to get it replaced 

4 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

How long did you have to wait to get it replaced 

Within a fortnight they had the car for a couple of days also the fitting wasn’t quite as good as the original but acceptable the service advisor did say that prior to fitting as it is a pig of job

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Within a fortnight they had the car for a couple of days also the fitting wasn’t quite as good as the original but acceptable the service advisor did say that prior to fitting as it is a pig of job

Thanks for that

As someone that has worked on various automotive front seats in the past ( not on Aygo ) there a horrid job to strip apart / repair.

I feel sorry for the technician that ends up with that job card.

• Like 2

Surely it would be easier to put a new seat in it would save time and money in the end?? 

• Like 1

Garage probably wait for the go ahead under warranty then call in a mobile upholsterer (one that specilises in vehicle upholstery).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

Surely it would be easier to put a new seat in it would save time and money in the end?? 

You would have thought so but Toyota won’t condone that crazy😖

• Like 1

Some X owners have been complaining of seat fabric being loose and have applied for warranty work on a FB group, Toyota Europes quality standards are falling I'm afraid.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, phillev said:

Some X owners have been complaining of seat fabric being loose and have applied for warranty work on a FB group, Toyota Europes quality standards are falling I'm afraid.

So it must be an ongoing problem 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

So it must be an ongoing problem 

Seems to be, here is one.FB_IMG_1672901489405.thumb.jpg.4e89634f62487e490faab31769ff3c41.jpg

• Like 2