Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina E. 2.0 Automatic

goose

:help: Can any one please give me some answers to this problem, its for my mother in law. She gets in her car and gets to her desination, on returning her car is making a funny noise beeping sound. She cannot start her car via the key, it wont unlock the doors with the fob, until it stops on its own then she can unlock it and start it. She had the AA out to it yesterday, he put a jump Battery on it and it started fine. Any one got any idea's.

As a Toyota Technician I have a couple of possible reasons for this problem.

1/ If the Battery is draining while the vehicle is left sitting then, this will cause the alarm to sound when a low Battery voltage is detected. This will sound the alarm and prevent starting. However the Battery will appear to be flat or nearly flat when attenpting to start the battery.

2/ If the battery is not flat, the Carina alarms were particularly bad for water entering the alarm siren unit (located at the lower inner wing area, remove lower covers to access). This can all sorts of alarm problems. If you disconnect the siren it will sound as it has a battery back up, but car should now start OK and either let the siren battery run flat or replace the unit.

Please note however that the Carina E was fitted with several alarm types over its life and the above info apllies specifically to the last of them (ones with a green centre to the siren and a black and red button (or two black buttons) on the remote.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links