Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot kick sensor

Jake197

Hi,

Corolla touring sport 2020

my kick sensor for the boot has stopped working

Am I doing something wrong was very temperamental in the first place hit and miss if it worked but now it’s not even working at all.

can any help please.

Mine hasn't worked since the car was 4 weeks old. I will leave it until the first service as i don't miss it.

Mine felt like hit/miss in the beginning. Then I figured I was passing my foot way too slow under the bumper. Now I do more of a light football side kick and it works almost always.

Just found out mine has been working all along but didn't realise that the kick has to be very quick and central to work. You live and learn. Pleased i found out before complaining to the dealer, that would have been embarrasing.

• Like 3

I've got this image in my head of you repeatedly kicking your foot in and out under the back of the car, cursing at it trying to get the boot to open :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I've got this image in my head of you repeatedly kicking your foot in and out under the back of the car, cursing at it trying to get the boot to open :laugh: 

... and if it doesn't open do you give it a damned good thrashing:

• Haha 5

On 12/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, RzrAzr said:

Mine felt like hit/miss in the beginning. Then I figured I was passing my foot way too slow under the bumper. Now I do more of a light football side kick and it works almost always.

Bend it like Beckham 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

I must admit that i didn't really try too often as i only really would have found it an advantage on a few occasions when i had my hands full and needed the boot. I made sure nobody was around when trying as my neighbours would of been calling for psychiatric help for me.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, RzrAzr said:

Yes I would agree with that. When I got mine in August I thought it wasnt working, until I realised you have to kick like youy kicking a football, but not obvipously as hard, but it has to be upwards and almost touching the sensor then it works everytime. A slow forward kick never worked for me, if needs to be faster and upwards.

• Like 2

I showed my son how to do it yesterday and ended up with a bruised shin🤕.

• Haha 3

I have been kicking in out,in out,since 3 o'clock on my Mk1 Yaris, to retrieve the festive meat pies, and packs of lard that are traditionally enjoyed in this part of the world at this time of year.

I am bleeding frozen, and my right leg is getting really tired now, and the neighbours are looking at me as though I am demented.

Should I try pressing the button on the boot to open the hatchback?

Or give up, and order more pies and lard on Sainsbury's delivery?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 9 months later...

I've had my yaris x for 4 weeks now. I was told by the dealer that kick sensor was discontinued? Bs. Tried today after watching YouTube video, "voila" as they say in France. Works every time once you know where, and how to kick. Very handy for when both hands are full! Delighted with this feature!

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 8:13 PM, WALLOP said:

Mine hasn't worked since the car was 4 weeks old. I will leave it until the first service as i don't miss it.

Shortly after we got the car I had the perfect reason for using it.  It was wet, I had my hands full of groceries and kick opening was ideal.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links