Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard symbol

Chriss27

Any idea what this symbol is that appeared on my dashboard today 

63A2C5CC-34C8-4260-9904-E2114460F977.jpeg

I'm only guessing,it could be something to do with auto braking.

The others with the same model as you will know I'm sure.

Unless it's telling you to be careful when playing football near cars and houses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'm guessing it's the sign recognition system mis-reading a sign for one we don't have in this country...

I have a feeling it's mistaken whatever it saw for another french sign!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion it is a child safety sign in Germany !

844390ED-1458-47D1-93E3-7A63F7037952.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah, I get it now.

Haus mit auto mit kinder undt herren mit shwiebel.

Don't eat frankenfurters with onions while driving in built up areas while children are in the car.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Ah, I get it now.

Haus mit auto mit kinder undt herren mit shwiebel.

Don't eat frankenfurters with onions while driving in built up areas while children are in the car.

Durch Technik 🇩🇪👌

I thought it meant that it’s time for you to go home and play football with your kids. 😀

• Haha 6

So where in Yorkshire does this sign from Germany get displayed?

That is a great system being able to pick up a sign from Germany whilst in Yorkshire - very powerful indeed 😄

• Haha 5

On 12/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, Tech429 said:

So where in Yorkshire does this sign from Germany get displayed?

That is a great system being able to pick up a sign from Germany whilst in Yorkshire - very powerful indeed 😄

It happened in a multi story car park in Middlesbrough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Just maybe Midlesbrough is twined with its Germany.

I have relatives there, and have visited on numerous occasions.

Believe me, it is a dystopian twin mix of Chernobyl and Detroit.

Try south bank and survive, then tell me how it is.

• Haha 2

Believe it or not Middlesbrough is twinned with Oberhausen (Germany)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Believe it or not Middlesbrough is twinned with Oberhausen (Germany)

Oh I believe it, I wonder if they have parmos there instead of those doppelganger sausages.

• Haha 1

Come to think of it, I have a lot of happy memories of the 'boro.

I first visited there in 1959.

My uncle Tom had eight children who of course were my cousins, I remember going on an adventure with the lads to Eston hills, which to me at the time, seemed like the Alps.

Transport was by electric trolley buses,ha ha, we've made so much progress with electric vehicles.😁

We later went to the cinema which was showing the newly released "Ben Hur" epic.

There were cider lollipops for sale in the foyer, which I had never heard of before.

The next day we trooped off to the local "workies"( translation :working men's club)in brambles farm, for pop and pies from the butcher's shop next door, while the adults guzzled Mkewans 80 bob bitter and pies while simultaneously playing a northern version of snooker.

This seemed to consist of alternately taking a shot, and smacking your opponent over the head with the cue.

My dad and me returned on a steam train,yes only on heritage lines now, but then still mainstream transport.

To the small boy I was at the time,this steam train looked like a huge iron and steel, fire and steam and smoke breathing monster , my dad had a bit of trouble persuading me to get on.

This was soon resolved with an affectionate clip round the ear'ol, and being told "don't be so !Removed! soft"

• Haha 3

On 12/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

Oh I believe it, I wonder if they have parmos there instead of those doppelganger sausages.

Love a Parmo 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Come to think of it, I have a lot of happy memories of the 'boro.

I first visited there in 1959.

My uncle Tom had eight children who of course were my cousins, I remember going on an adventure with the lads to Eston hills, which to me at the time, seemed like the Alps.

Transport was by electric trolley buses,ha ha, we've made so much progress with electric vehicles.😁

We later went to the cinema which was showing the newly released "Ben Hur" epic.

There were cider lollipops for sale in the foyer, which I had never heard of before.

The next day we trooped off to the local "workies"( translation :working men's club)in brambles farm, for pop and pies from the butcher's shop next door, while the adults guzzled Mkewans 80 bob bitter and pies while simultaneously playing a northern version of snooker.

This seemed to consist of alternately taking a shot, and smacking your opponent over the head with the cue.

My dad and me returned on a steam train,yes only on heritage lines now, but then still mainstream transport.

To the small boy I was at the time,this steam train looked like a huge iron and steel, fire and steam and smoke breathing monster , my dad had a bit of trouble persuading me to get on.

This was soon resolved with an affectionate clip round the ear'ol, and being told "don't be so !Removed! soft"

Great memories, Boro is and still is my hometown 

• Like 1

Aye Chris,a much derided place, and I am guilty of exaggerating the problems there for a cheap laugh, sorry 😐.

Most of my relatives there are passed on now, but I remember the last visit I had to North Ormesby, I was looked after to an extraordinary degree.

I was in a workies with my cousins near Maria street, and was staying with my uncle Tom in pallister park, I had intended to walk back

The cousins wouldn't hear of it, possibly because of my appearance, wearing glasses, and a leather jacket, and said I wouldn't make it past the end of the street.

They called out a sober member of the family to come out and drive me to my uncle's place, wouldn't let me get a taxi.

The nearside passenger window of the golf I had hired at the time was smashed in when we got back, but was safe after that due to a kind neighbor with fierce dogs,who said I could park it on his drive for the rest of my visit.

Yes, they were great memories of great people.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links