Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Fob Not Working after Flat Battery

Sam Martin

Auris Hybrid 2015 would not start today and fob did not work. I jump started the car and took it for a run. The fob would still not work, even after replacing the Battery but the spare fob allowed me to lock and unlock the car. Currently, I have the Battery on a trickle charger but cannot find a means to reprogram the fob. The car is a push button start but has no ignition key. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

• Like 1

Will it start the car?

If not, try starting the car by holding the brake and pressing the Start button with it to try and resync it.

On older cars there were 2 programming procedures - One for the immobilizer and one for the remote central locking, but I'm hoping with the smart keys it will be able to resync both when started like that... :unsure:

If it doesn't you'll probably have to take it to the dealer to get them to re-sync them properly...

Put your key very very close to the start button, and start the car. It may takes 1 or 3 trials.  It is possible that it go back to default that the smart keys option is disable.  Once you can start the car you can enable them again. I hope it works. 

• Like 2

Thanks for Your suggestions. Not been successful so probably have to go to the dealer.

If the fob or 12v Battery goes flat it disables the keyless, with the touch2 go into Settings/setup - Vehicle - tap on Vehicle customizations - it then gives you an option for keyless/locking

if the lock/unlock buttons on the remote dont work check the Battery is in correctly and any film is removed from the cell (child proof seal/coating), is it a new decent branded cell and is it in date ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam Martin said:

Thanks for Your suggestions. Not been successful so probably have to go to the dealer.

Can you start the car? Go to Ready mode? You said you jump start it and took it for run. What does RUN mean?

I ran the car for 20 miles and it then started and stopped as normal. The spare fob operates the doors but not the faulty on. If I leave the faulty fob inside the car and use the working fob the car will not lock and tells me a key has been located inside the car which indicates that the faulty fob is emitting a signal of some kind.

Try a new branded Battery in the fob, also make sure it's the correct type some use a 2016, 2025, 2032 and others use a 1632

it should be marked on the cover

• Like 1

So the 'faulty' one can start the car now? Just not do the doors? That's a bit weird... I assumed once the immobilizer synced with the key it would do the doors too...!

The system is clearly still enabled in the car if the spare works.

Might be a trip to Mr T is warranted unless someone knows a door sync'ing procedure...!

The faulty fob may be need to be reset or reprogram. Check the price of a brand new fob that you can reprogram by yourself. Check how much dealer will charge you for such service.

I don't think they need a new key, it sounds like it's fine if it can start the car again; Just needs re'syncing/pairing/whatevering back to the car properly.

If they're on good terms with the dealer they might just do it as a courtesy as it shouldn't take long.

If it is able to start the car keylessly again tho', I'm not sure why the doors didn't pair up again too...

Yes, watch that video at 24. Min mark. Exactly problem what TM stated.

Jump start the car with jumper connected,  turn the key on for couple minutes.  It clear the jammed keys error.  

at this time of keeping keys safely ,some tips say ,a box that blocks the signal,even in a microwave oven.

The handbook says,dont keep close to magnets,metal or induction hob.

I'll keep to that.

• Like 2

I've turned the smart locking off. Twice last week I've got to the car parked outside my address to find it unlocked. First time, someone had stolen items from inside the car. Second time, there was nothing in there for them to nick! I'm the only person with a key.

Perplexing. Surely if they'd cloned/boosted the smart key they'd have taken the car, not some useless to anyone else prescription sunglasses and an old Satnav. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

I've turned the smart locking off. Twice last week I've got to the car parked outside my address to find it unlocked. First time, someone had stolen items from inside the car. Second time, there was nothing in there for them to nick! I'm the only person with a key.

Perplexing. Surely if they'd cloned/boosted the smart key they'd have taken the car, not some useless to anyone else prescription sunglasses and an old Satnav. 🤷‍♂️

Are you 100% sure you had locked the car beforehand? 
Sometimes you can simply walk away and forget to do that. Happens to all no doubt. 

6 hours ago, loz8 said:

at this time of keeping keys safely ,some tips say ,a box that blocks the signal,even in a microwave oven.

The handbook says,dont keep close to magnets,metal or induction hob.

I'll keep to that.

Microwave may not stop signal emitting. Pepsi can does. 
I rest my phone with magnetic cover over my leg for around half an hour and the key fob was in the pocket below, then I went to the car and the fob has no signs of life. After 5 attempts eventually unlocked the doors and then I was able to start and drive again. Lesson learned, don’t keep together magnets and keys together 😂👍 Happened similar thing previously but with other electronic devices and credit cards plus parking gate fob. Best all of that to be stored in separate places , hooks. , key rings. 👌

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Sometimes you can simply walk away and forget to do that. Happens to all no doubt. 

First time, 99% sure. Only possibility is that if it had refused to lock due to say a door not being properly shut I wouldn't have heard the "nope" chime as the building fire alarm was going off and it is LOUD.

Second time, 100%. Hence turning the smart off. There's a request in to check the CCTV.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Sometimes I would walk into the supermarket or house and think 'have I locked the car?', just to be on the safe side I get in a position where I can use the remote to lock it just to make sure (or walk back). When I get the new car, it will have folding mirrors, which will help very much to know it's lock by looking at it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Sometimes I would walk into the supermarket or house and think 'have I locked the car?', just to be on the safe side I get in a position where I can use the remote to lock it just to make sure (or walk back). When I get the new car, it will have folding mirrors, which will help very much to know it's lock by looking at it. 

Yeah, same. Mine has folding mirrors, so a quick glance tells me it's locked.

• Like 2

It's funny as that's been the primary use I've had for the folding mirrors too :laugh: 

As for the doors, I've sometimes accidentally unlocked mine due to the buttons pressing against another key. I do feel they should look into designing the key a different way, maybe a slider switch instead of a push button to unlock.

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's funny as that's been the primary use I've had for the folding mirrors too :laugh: 

As for the doors, I've sometimes accidentally unlocked mine due to the buttons pressing against another key. I do feel they should look into designing the key a different way, maybe a slider switch instead of a push button to unlock.

But the car will lock itself after a minute or so if no door been open. Happens to me too, I always press the buttons by mistake, thankfully my car is old and no one pay attention to it, perhaps except the cat thieves. 🫢