Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT cabin preconditioning

nlee

Mine's still not working. I was waiting for the Christmas tree to disappear from the app to see if the update removes the bug (haven't they heard of the twelfth night!), otherwise it's off to the dealer for the recommended recall.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ernieb said:

Sounds good, please post if it fails again? Mine is still not connecting to enable cabin conditioning.

it just failed again unfortunately. I believe that they have serious design flaws in the system. It should have onboard memory and functionality so it doesn't rely on a perfect network and/or server uptime. I will go back to the dealer and see if they will exchange the module. Ill update after that 

• Like 2

It is a real pain, good functionality spoiled by poor infrastructure. 

• Like 2

I had an oil change last week and they pushed a software update, some fixes related to the modem/gsm module. No idea if this can possibly improve the reliability, but maybe worth asking the dealer about it?

XGG78-22SMD-117 - Check Calibration ID of Telephone Transceiver & Update if required

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking of pulling the DCM fuse to see if I could do a self reset. I didn't realise there is a back up Battery in the DCM module, so it would have to be left until that discharged. There some photos in the US based forum (some of the foil hat brigade trying to disable it to stop Big Brother - I'm the opposite, I just want it to work!). I can't think what the purpose of this Battery is if it is constantly pulling from the 12v Battery. Although in view of the thefts discussion, I presume it stoos disabling the tracking immediately by simply pulling the fuse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kucyk said:

I had an oil change last week and they pushed a software update, some fixes related to the modem/gsm module. No idea if this can possibly improve the reliability, but maybe worth asking the dealer about it?

Yes that's what Toyota have advised but I'm finding it hard to believe that's the root cause when it suddenly stopped working for lots of owners around the same time, and a similar time that the🌲 and ❄️ appeared in the app. Prior to this it was working fine.

Just hoping to avoid a wasted few hours sat in the dealership drinking hot chocolate.

• Like 2

Just got home after depleting the traction Battery and connected to the 240v cable. MyT app showed connected and the ‘start charging’ button, started the charge after a few turns of the busy app wheel. Checked 30 mins later and ‘yes’ the car is charging. So the car does connect for the charge function but not the cabin conditioning?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Björn Rosén said:

it just failed again unfortunately. I believe that they have serious design flaws in the system. It should have onboard memory and functionality so it doesn't rely on a perfect network and/or server uptime. I will go back to the dealer and see if they will exchange the module. Ill update after that 

So the dealer explained that the recall was for reprogramming of the dcm and to replace the dcm if the actual reprogramming fails. He will revert back to Toyota now. Getting a bit tired of this but according to my wife i am a bit stubborn 😂 and will continue.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nlee said:

I was thinking of pulling the DCM fuse to see if I could do a self reset. I didn't realise there is a back up battery in the DCM module, so it would have to be left until that discharged. There some photos in the US based forum (some of the foil hat brigade trying to disable it to stop Big Brother - I'm the opposite, I just want it to work!). I can't think what the purpose of this battery is if it is constantly pulling from the 12v battery. Although in view of the thefts discussion, I presume it stoos disabling the tracking immediately by simply pulling the fuse.

You don't want that module working too well though. It was the cause of my 12V Battery going flat. Had no problems since they updated the software on it, where as every few days the Battery was flat. Apparently it doesn't always shut down properly so has a large current draw. I assume it has some low power mode for waking it up when you use the app.

Just tried mine. Preconditioning from App. Worked first time. Took 10 seconds for the wheel to turn around but worked. 

Been working reliably since they updated software on the DCM or telemetry module whatever it is called. Updated because it wasn't shutting down properly causing the 12V Battery to go flat.

No idea if the version of software is ahead of anyone else's because the 12V shut down issue is a very old issue so they may have just put the version on that everyone else has!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Just tried mine. Preconditioning from App. Worked first time. Took 10 seconds for the wheel to turn around but worked. 

Been working reliably since they updated software on the DCM or telemetry module whatever it is called. Updated because it wasn't shutting down properly causing the 12V battery to go flat.

No idea if the version of software is ahead of anyone else's because the 12V shut down issue is a very old issue so they may have just put the version on that everyone else has!

If you have time set a schedule for the preconditioning and see if it runs consistently. That is my issue. I want the car warm when leaving for work 😀. When I got the car over a year ago it was less than half the days it started. Toyota asked me to change the time as they said if there is many cars using the function it might exceed the data transfer purchased from the mobileoperator 😂😂 so apparently that is a factor to. But after over a year it is better but still not as expected 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Björn Rosén said:

Toyota asked me to change the time as they said if there is many cars using the function it might exceed the data transfer purchased from the mobileoperator

If that's true.... Just wow!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Björn Rosén said:

If you have time set a schedule for the preconditioning and see if it runs consistently. That is my issue. I want the car warm when leaving for work 😀. When I got the car over a year ago it was less than half the days it started. Toyota asked me to change the time as they said if there is many cars using the function it might exceed the data transfer purchased from the mobileoperator 😂😂 so apparently that is a factor to. But after over a year it is better but still not as expected 

Ok will give it a go for tomorrow. Have just added a one off schedule.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nlee said:

If that's true.... Just wow!

The same person asked me to set the time to 6,57 instead of 7,00 which is difficult as the app only has 5 min increments 😂😂 but this was a year ago in all fairness 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Björn Rosén said:

Ok set schedule last night for 0745. Circle went round and got the ok on the app. But, this morning it didn't come on. However, I noted that I had switched air con off in the car previously so I don't know if this is a factor?

Generally speaking I don't use the schedule, I just use the turn it on now function in the App. Usually when I get up out of bed if it is cold and icy outside. Still, the schedule should just work!

Agreed Nick, it should just work. I tend to look out of the window and see how the car looks and press the button around 15/20mins before I need to get out. Never used the climate schedule in the app but loved being able to use the app to set the cabin temperature and select whether to defrost the windows.

• Like 2

Well, well, well I’m just sitting here listening to some music and randomly decided to give the MyT cabin conditioning another go and low nd behold it worked. Left it for 5 mins then remotely turned it off, all good.

Now the only thing I’ve done recently was to contact the car via the app and force the Battery to charge, yesterday. Is it possible that this somehow opened a communication link that allowed the cabin conditioning to work? Any offers?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Well, well, well I’m just sitting here listening to some music and randomly decided to give the MyT cabin conditioning another go and low nd behold it worked. Left it for 5 mins then remotely turned it off, all good.

Now the only thing I’ve done recently was to contact the car via the app and force the battery to charge, yesterday. Is it possible that this somehow opened a communication link that allowed the cabin conditioning to work? Any offers?

I've no idea but you can bet I'm going to try it later. I presume you set a charging schedule in the car (or had one previously set in the app) for that charge now button to appear? I don't have that but my schedules are set on the chargepoint. I'll have to set the schedule in the car because it won't send a schedule from the app, it just whirls around endlessly.

• Like 1

I used scheduled charge via the app yesterday which worked fine. Also after charging had finished, the schedule deleted automatically in the app.

8 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Ok set schedule last night for 0745. Circle went round and got the ok on the app. But, this morning it didn't come on. However, I noted that I had switched air con off in the car previously so I don't know if this is a factor?

Generally speaking I don't use the schedule, I just use the turn it on now function in the App. Usually when I get up out of bed if it is cold and icy outside. Still, the schedule should just work!

Thanks that is the same issue i have. The AC being off should not change anything the settings in the schedule overrides the car. I use the schedule mostly. I love the webasto in my landcruiser. Press the remote and it is on  😀 however not as environmentally friendly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlee said:

I've no idea but you can bet I'm going to try it later. I presume you set a charging schedule in the car (or had one previously set in the app) for that charge now button to appear? I don't have that but my schedules are set on the chargepoint. I'll have to set the schedule in the car because it won't send a schedule from the app, it just whirls around endlessly.

I charge via the mains and there is a schedule in the MyT app. When I tested the cabin conditioning today ithe car was not connected to charge cable. Obviously yesterday it was connected when I got the MyT app to instigate the ‘charge now’ instruction.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, ernieb said:

Now the only thing I’ve done recently was to contact the car via the app and force the battery to charge, yesterday. Is it possible that this somehow opened a communication link that allowed the cabin conditioning to work? Any offers?

We'll, I tried manually starting a charge from the app over the weekend and it wouldn't. I just had the spinning wheel and it said it was trying to contact the car but eventually timed out. Tried it several times. So I suspect, whatever happened with yours, Ernie, it fixed itself before you initiated the charge, rather than that action fixing it.

I note the Christmas tree has finally gone but it's still snowing. Still not working for me though.

Nigel, the app is a mess and the different issues people report suggest even more the infrastructure is broken.

• Like 1

Just had its 20000 mile service and despite asking (again) for the service mode to be removed it hasn't. So no programming for 24 hours - grrr!

They say that there is no way to disable service mode.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Just had its 20000 mile service and despite asking (again) for the service mode to be removed it hasn't. So no programming for 24 hours - grrr!

They say that there is no way to disable service mode.

I had the same experience when I had our car at service some weeks ago. Asked them to remove service mode but they said the couldnt. Had to wait for some 24 h ish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links