Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT cabin preconditioning

nlee

MyTapp cabin conditioning failed again this morning. Car covered in frost and ice so had to use the key. It is a real pain just how unreliable the app has become. My cup ran over when having returned to the car with bags full of shopping the boot refused to open. After locking, unlocking and pressing the button a few times it decided to operate with a with the button press on the boot.

Didn't you see the feedback in the app? It always tells me if there was a problem.

1 hour ago, kucyk said:

Didn't you see the feedback in the app? It always tells me if there was a problem.

Luke....in my experience only if it's something obvious like forgetting to lock the car else it just fails and says so.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the software update done today to hopefully resolve the problem.

It's a bit frustrating I couldn't try it at the dealership because it was left in repair mode (again!) so I'll have to wait 24 hours to try it. I'm hoping it works because I now get a message in the app to say it's in repair mode whereas before I just got the spinny circle.

I challenged the technician about ensuring the repair mode was removed and he claimed it is impossible for them to remove it!

Screenshot_20230203-165545.thumb.png.15da3e0004ea13dbfc31f91955cc05dc.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nlee said:

Had the software update done today to hopefully resolve the problem.

It's a bit frustrating I couldn't try it at the dealership because it was left in repair mode (again!) so I'll have to wait 24 hours to try it. I'm hoping it works because I now get a message in the app to say it's in repair mode whereas before I just got the spinny circle.

I challenged the technician about ensuring the repair mode was removed and he claimed it is impossible for them to remove it!

Screenshot_20230203-165545.thumb.png.15da3e0004ea13dbfc31f91955cc05dc.png

When I had my car serviced I asked if they had put the car in a service mode and they said 'absolutely' not. That says something either about the integrity, ingnorance or both of the service guy. My opinion is that this is instigated so that the punter who owns the car is unable to track the car or check how it's being used. I say this from my own experience of my delivery, unknown to the dealer the MyT app was fully operational and I tracked the car being driven at 96mph on the M1. There were a lot of red faces and blustering when I produced screen shots of the data and suggested I would reject the car.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ernieb said:

When I had my car serviced I asked if they had put the car in a service mode and they said 'absolutely' not. That says something either about the integrity, ingnorance or both of the service guy. My opinion is that this is instigated so that the punter who owns the car is unable to track the car or check how it's being used. I say this from my own experience of my delivery, unknown to the dealer the MyT app was fully operational and I tracked the car being driven at 96mph on the M1. There were a lot of red faces and blustering when I produced screen shots of the data and suggested I would reject the car.

I agree Ernie. There has to be some sort of protection so the owner couldn't initiate anything while someone is working on it but not need to make it completely incommunicado for 24 hours.

It got me wondering. I wonder if someone advised their insurance that, even though we know it isn't Thatcham standard, they had some form of tracker on board, how they would stand if the vehicle was stolen the night following a service visit and the tracker was disabled?

22 minutes ago, nlee said:

I agree Ernie. There has to be some sort of protection so the owner couldn't initiate anything while someone is working on it but not need to make it completely incommunicado for 24 hours.

It got me wondering. I wonder if someone advised their insurance that, even though we know it isn't Thatcham standard, they had some form of tracker on board, how they would stand if the vehicle was stolen the night following a service visit and the tracker was disabled?

Nigel, when I got the insurance for my car I did mention the MyT app tracking system and the operator then talked to the underwriter and he said it was acceptable as a tracker. I don’t honestly think it had an impact on the quote to any degree but it is logged as part of the cars security systems.

Having posted that my cabin conditioning control via the app was working fine, with and without tether I did not work yesterday. It really is a bag ……….

Working now for me via the app but not via schedule via the app.

(via fob has always worked).

Screenshot_20230204_080519_MyT.jpg

16 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Working now for me via the app but not via schedule via the app.

(via fob has always worked).

Screenshot_20230204_080519_MyT.jpg

That’s good but based on my recent experience ‘don’t hold your breath’

• Like 1

Tried it this morning and it works! Wait and see if it works when I need it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

That’s good but based on my recent experience ‘don’t hold your breath’

True. It worked because I didn't need it to work as @nlee just mentioned. 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links