Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Roadside assistance is it worth it?

George22

John, sort of.  It is the same Toyota deal but you pay directly.  Still the AA and half the price so still excellent value compared with AA. 

However if you change cars during the year you get no refund or transfer. 

There are less expensive deals. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SO8 said:

Ok, so presumably it is offered separately ?   I know the AA I think cover Toyota breakdowns as they have a separate agreement with Toyota to respond far quicker than to their normal customers - having worked for National Highways I know how long the AA/RAC can take to actually get to people !!!!  

Yup the Toyota Roadside is effectively a negotiated AA deal; It's good if you want AA cover but can't be bothered to keep ringing up the AA every year to argue down the price back to the introductory price instead of the loyalty penalty price.

I doubt the response time is any different tho' - The few times I've had to call on them they've been 30mins to an hour; If normal non-Toyota attendance times are worse than that it'd be amazing the AA are still in business! :laugh: 

• Like 1

You may be offered a 2year deal its slightly cheaper! plus you also save on the cost of inflation.

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

I doubt the response time is any different tho' - The few times I've had to call on them they've been 30mins to an hour; If normal non-Toyota attendance times are worse than that it'd be amazing the AA are still in business! :laugh: 

Normal attendance times now can be truly awful. Hours and hours for motorway recovery, even a day !   I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it repeatedly over many many months … talking to colleagues and recovery company employees a lot of the recovery people didn’t come back after Covid and they never recovered (excuse the pun).   I myself have dealt with countless people who have waited 4-6 hours for the AA and we’re still waiting.   As a result I use an company who only uses independents. 

it never used to be this bad as I have had good experience myself of the AA and used to use them in the Police for recoveries without real issues … but it has all gone wrong of late !  

• Like 1

SO8, as we get more cars on the road I guess more call on breakdown services. More crashes I guess and also different types of breakdown such as Battery depletion. 

I had a misfuel incident with Greenflag cover.  The call out was at night and the man had to go to the depot to get the defuelling truck. Draining the two tanks in the Merc was not easy.  Once finished he put in 5l of diesel.  All free of charge. 

Some years earlier, in poor light, I had misfuelled a Fiesta.  The AA man offered to tow me to some waste ground and syphon the petrol out.  Not impressed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SO8 said:

As a result I use an company who only uses independents. 

So, who would you recommend?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Centaur said:

So, who would you recommend?

I am a member of Start Rescue as they seemed to get more success at removing people from the Motorways than the bigger players.  They didn't always manage but succeeded most times.  They are far cheaper too ... well, were for me.

• Like 1

+1 for Start Rescue, did well in the Which survey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2022 at 10:42 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Since 2006, we've just stayed with the manufacturer's scheme, whichever car we've had.

The Aygo continues to be covered by Toyota Roadside Assistance. After the first 12 months, the Hyundai's roadside assistance is automatically renewed when the car is serviced by a Hyundai dealer.

Same here with the i30 and had start rescue for the mgb , when the toyota b/d cover finishes I'll add the toyota to it @ £30 it would be insane not to.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:26 PM, Eddie G said:

Heard too many bad stories about cheaper breakdown firms  so i now only use the AA or RAC whichever one offers the best deal at the time, the Toyota one is run by the AA but you can not transfer your policy over to your new car and have to start a new policy with them as far as i know.

I started getting fed up with RAC every year they gave me a quote which would be mega high, I could get it on line cheaper. I would phone and get at least £50 cheaper talking to the guy. The next year the same thing, and the next. They work on the principle that people cannot be bothered to check or change, so they sneak an increase in. I stopped using them.

• Like 2

+2 for Start Rescue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+3 for Start Rescue :biggrin: 

You should post your referral link catlover!!! :laugh: 

Or maybe Steve can negotiate a forum members discount...? :naughty: 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links