Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hidden Extras

Michael L

In the Headlamp Auto Dipping thread today, Tech429 mentioned hidden extras which are only enabled if you ask the dealer. His example was rear wipers automatically sweeping when you engage reverse with the front wiper on. THis set me wondering what other extras might be lurking in my car. Anyone know of others? Perhaps we need a list.

Thanks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael L said:

In the Headlamp Auto Dipping thread today, Tech429 mentioned hidden extras which are only enabled if you ask the dealer. His example was rear wipers automatically sweeping when you engage reverse with the front wiper on. THis set me wondering what other extras might be lurking in my car. Anyone know of others? Perhaps we need a list.

Thanks

You can buy several OBD tools that allow you to unlock these yourselves. Carista is one,  Carly another 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gray86 said:

You can buy several OBD tools that allow you to unlock these yourselves. Carista is one,  Carly another 

Only downside to mine is that it is a Company Car - so can't go fiddling with it out of contract.

I can only ask when it goes in for a service and see what they say: will they add them in free or charge me.

25 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Only downside to mine is that it is a Company Car - so can't go fiddling with it out of contract.

I can only ask when it goes in for a service and see what they say: will they add them in free or charge me.

When the car goes in for its service, the Toyota agent should be plugging the car into 'the computer' to carry out the Hybrid Health Check part of that service.  Whilst I've never watched them do this, I'd think that setting customisable functions whilst it's plugged in shouldn't be time-consuming, you're almost there!

In the Auris, the customisable functions were listed near the back of the full (freely downloadable from Toyota, not the one that probably came with the car) manual.

Alternatively, as a guide, the Carista website lists this, but note that this is covering the international market, not specifically the UK:

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/corolla/12th-gen

Note the annoying, almost-invisible slider bar on the r/h part of the screen.

• Like 4

According to the manual you can set holding the remote fob pressed to open and close the windows depending on if you press lock or unlock. The dealer activated this on our Yaris.