Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabin Rattles

bZ4xSupra

How's everyone getting on with cabin build quality? 

I have an annoying rattle from the Pano roof when the shade is fully open and another from the top left of the headlinig / passenger sunvisor area. 

A gentle nudge seems to have solved the latter and keeping the sun shade shut removes that one. 

The rest of the cabin seems solid.

1 hour ago, bZ4xSupra said:

How's everyone getting on with cabin build quality? 

I have an annoying rattle from the Pano roof when the shade is fully open and another from the top left of the headlinig / passenger sunvisor area. 

A gentle nudge seems to have solved the latter and keeping the sun shade shut removes that one. 

The rest of the cabin seems solid.

No rattles here, that must be annoying for you. One thing I did notice is that I get a little more road noise when the parcel shelf is retracted, but it's only a small thing.

• Like 1

While driving over rough roads, does a rattle noise develop from the front corner areas of the panoramic sunroof. Loose or under torqued bolts for the panoramic sunroof frame may be the issue. Increase the torque of the panoramic sunroof frame bolts may help.😊

3 hours ago, Bper said:

While driving over rough roads, does a rattle noise develop from the front corner areas of the panoramic sunroof. Loose or under torqued bolts for the panoramic sunroof frame may be the issue. Increase the torque of the panoramic sunroof frame bolts may help.😊

If you increase the torque of the fixing bolts then you may squeeze the rubber seals and cause more trouble later on, even a water leaks. It’s a brand new car I think best for the op is to visit a dealer and ask them to look into or just leave it. Sometimes when very cold rubber seals can become hard and contract a bit and cause some rattling but after a while and temps rise back up all will settle itself. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

If you increase the torque of the fixing bolts then you may squeeze the rubber seals and cause more trouble later on, even a water leaks. It’s a brand new car I think best for the op is to visit a dealer and ask them to look into or just leave it. Sometimes when very cold rubber seals can become hard and contract a bit and cause some rattling but after a while and temps rise back up all will settle itself. 

Hi Tony,

Had a neighbour with the same problem with a slight rattle on the pano roof, the bolts hadn't been tightened enough and this was a brand new car. He tightened them himself as the drive to the dealer he purchased from was over two hours away. It solved his rattle so it could be the same problem. But take on board it's a new car and obviously take it back if possible. New cars and niggles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Hi Tony,

Had a neighbour with the same problem with a slight rattle on the pano roof, the bolts hadn't been tightened enough and this was a brand new car. He tightened them himself as the drive to the dealer he purchased from was over two hours away. It solved his rattle so it could be the same problem. But take on board it's a new car and obviously take it back if possible. New cars and niggles.

If the bolts are really loose fit then it will do with few more turns indeed. New cars these days are kind of rushed manufacturing and many comes with similar issues from missed work or not done properly. 👍

• Like 1

When i brought my car from new I had quiet a few niggles and as most of them minor ones I fixed them myself. I had a couple of rattles and did find the bolt's and screws were loose. It was to much hassle to drive the car back to the dealers but I have got experience on cars but mainly old ones which I used to work with my dad.

Thanks for the replies. 

The noises seem to be coming from behind the headlining. 

The radio drowns them out so I'm not concerned right now as long as they don't escalate. If they do, I'll go to the dealer.