Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla steel wheels

Corolla1924

Hi,

I'm trying to locate a spare wheels for my Toyota Corolla 2004 1.4L Petrol VVT-I (203,400miles). After dipping it water it appers it has a slight crack which has resulted in a flat tyre (have the spare on currently).

The current steel rims i have on are 4 studs, 175/65R14. I've noticed the additional marking on the rim of "NY 0316". 

I've contacted toyota eBay store who have said this one would fit. However i'd rather not spend £100 on a wheel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325455113400?hash=item4bc6a2ecb8:g:-lQAAOSw9NFjkdcs

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks 

David E

Hi David, 

here it’s a n website that shows cars wheel sizes and all other parameters.
https://www.wheel-size.com 
You can search your car make and model and find the exact specs of the wheels then with the information you can search on eBay by size and compare with other brands, Peugeot, Subaru, Honda etc or different model Toyota. There should be matching wheels, something cheaper that fits your car. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

That is the full retail price for that wheel, somebody is being a bit hopeful putting that price up. If you want new see if you can get a deal off your dealer for a set of four 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi David, 

here it’s a n website that shows cars wheel sizes and all other parameters.
https://www.wheel-size.com 
You can search your car make and model and find the exact specs of the wheels then with the information you can search on eBay by size and compare with other brands, Peugeot, Subaru, Honda etc or different model Toyota. There should be matching wheels, something cheaper that fits your car. 
Good luck 

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the website nothing comes up for toyota corolla 2004 with tyre size 175/65R14 despite that being the current tyres on my wheel. Any advice?

Regards,

David E

1 hour ago, Corolla1924 said:

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the website nothing comes up for toyota corolla 2004 with tyre size 175/65R14 despite that being the current tyres on my wheel. Any advice?

Regards,

David E

There are some aftermarket available from Germany https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255700117576?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aUjF1MbURNi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

you will need to confirm the center bore if it’s 54.1mm. When you use the wheel size comes different makes and models with same size wheels , Yaris mk1, Corolla, Suzuki swift, perhaps you may want to do extra research on that website and eventually visit a scrap yard or vehicle Dismantlers and ask for a good price, may find even something with suitable tyres on. Your size should be 175/70 R14 instead. Check also door label if matches website size of tyres and stick to this size and pressure. 
Here the important bits: 

5.5Jx14 ET45

Center Bore: 54.1 mm 
 PCD: 4x100 
 Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts 
 Wheel Tightening Torque: 110 Nm
 Thread Size: M12 x 1.5 

• Like 1

There are a few 14" Toyota rims/wheels on eBay for around £40+ but looking at the state of them they are all very rusty as you would expect from a used steel wheel.

The time and effort to make an old one look half decent would probably be worth buying the new one from Toyota Direct as you know it will fit and look ok.

Think your search for something else will be fruitless as never seen many Corollas on 14" steels so doubt there are many left around.

• Like 1

£100?? That's mental! The 15" rims I got for my Mk4 were about £40 each!! Brand new! From the dealer!!

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

£100?? That's mental! The 15" rims I got for my Mk4 were about £40 each!! Brand new! From the dealer!!

Prices changed in the last two years. My wheels went double in price as anything else too, cars, parts, services 🫢

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

5.5Jx14 ET45

This is probably one of the most common wheel specs for Japanese cars. There should be plenty second hand wheels you could put on. Most of past Toyotas from Corolla, MR2, Yaris, and not to mention Mazda MX5. You could get a set of 4 alloys for less than £100. The world's your wheel! 🙂

Update:

I just clocked on the fact you are looking for a spare wheel. Since it's a steel wheel, have you looked at having it welded? It's usually straightforward and safe when it comes to steel.  There are many space saver wheels available in this size too - if that would suffice. It will take you home or to the workshop, but won't be as good as a full size wheel. In any case, you have many options and none should have to be particularly costly. 

• Like 3

On 12/9/2022 at 8:43 PM, APS said:

This is probably one of the most common wheel specs for Japanese cars. There should be plenty second hand wheels you could put on. Most of past Toyotas from Corolla, MR2, Yaris, and not to mention Mazda MX5. You could get a set of 4 alloys for less than £100. The world's your wheel! 🙂

Update:

I just clocked on the fact you are looking for a spare wheel. Since it's a steel wheel, have you looked at having it welded? It's usually straightforward and safe when it comes to steel.  There are many space saver wheels available in this size too - if that would suffice. It will take you home or to the workshop, but won't be as good as a full size wheel. In any case, you have many options and none should have to be particularly costly. 

I'm not actually looking for a space saver wheel. The initial eBay link i posted was only one they had i stock, i didn't realise a space saver was basically a emergency spare until now (idiot). 

After speaking to Toyota garage they adivised the wheel i need would be a 14X5.5JJ. So going to have a look around now for either 1 wheel or a set of four steel/alloy.

Thanks

On 12/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, TonyHSD said:

There are some aftermarket available from Germany https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255700117576?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aUjF1MbURNi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

you will need to confirm the center bore if it’s 54.1mm. When you use the wheel size comes different makes and models with same size wheels , Yaris mk1, Corolla, Suzuki swift, perhaps you may want to do extra research on that website and eventually visit a scrap yard or vehicle Dismantlers and ask for a good price, may find even something with suitable tyres on. Your size should be 175/70 R14 instead. Check also door label if matches website size of tyres and stick to this size and pressure. 
Here the important bits: 

5.5Jx14 ET45

I've checked mty door labels and the only information it gives is the VIN number. 😕

6 minutes ago, Corolla1924 said:

I've checked mty door labels and the only information it gives is the VIN number. 😕

The website is quite accurate and I think they had recommended same size. Best to double check with seller before placing any order. If it’s me I will go for 4 brand new wheels and good tyres. 👍