Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inside Door Material Name?

SB1500

Hi there, when working inside a passenger side door,  there is a plastic stretchy kind of sheet. It's pre-cut with holes for wiring and things. And some black, crudely applied bond / seal around the edge.

Can anyone tell me what this material is or where I can order it?

Same with the sealer - the correct stuff that'll stand the test of time 

I'll be meddling with the Chinese LEDs and probably will butcher the factory plastic, so wanted to order to be safe..  I wonder if it is an order able part from Toyota? 

I know what you mean, that plastic weather seal membrane that's supposed to stop water getting into the car from the window gap!

I'm not sure if there's a more official name...

• Like 2

Heavy duty Polythene would do the job if you cant get something specific.

• Like 1

Hi I believe it's called water shredder sheets that is used as the car door membrane.

B&Q ,Ebay etc will have them.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, SB1500 said:

Hi there, when working inside a passenger side door,  there is a plastic stretchy kind of sheet. It's pre-cut with holes for wiring and things. And some black, crudely applied bond / seal around the edge.

Can anyone tell me what this material is or where I can order it?

Same with the sealer - the correct stuff that'll stand the test of time 

I'll be meddling with the Chinese LEDs and probably will butcher the factory plastic, so wanted to order to be safe..  I wonder if it is an order able part from Toyota? 

Out of interest I searched for Bper's "water shredder sheets" but nothing came up but then found this specific plastic sheet for sealing doors.

Hope this helps

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185239540077?hash=item2b2123116d:g:ThEAAOSw3Gth0UWU&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoJET0FlrLigzFcHgW1HnTaiuaBJPjVVsh3Iux5M39v%2BprLfTPeoYYvScgjrRQFAPu%2Fqs3op%2FoTqF06qclOVQb70SGuLw3Sz%2BfRfNWtEW%2B8zVS0f0BjVKzLoxNeyICnxzpWKrRFn4tb0JHOLkXIKb7P2QP9Et%2BmyOWlp7I0Hq5xR5lKIiEe3S34wLPR2WcM%2FsqXOV2hdWrBG3YRLBm%2BPq710%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8iTtJqnYQ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s very important for keeping the inside footwells dry. Fifty years ago I have used an empty plastic fertilizer bag as I had nothing else at the time, sealed it with flooring adhesive for sticking down Lino on floors. It worked perfectly. Probably lasted longer than the car 😁

• Like 3

You shouldn't need to replace it if you are careful that black gunge is nasty

iirc it's butyl rubber, and it comes as a tape

tbh it's not seen, i tend to use foil duct tape for any tears/rips or to stick the edges down, that will out last the car

https://www.toolstation.com/ybs-thermawrap-foil-tape/p16904

while you're at it, put some sound deadening in the door's, half a sheet inside the door on the outer skin, makes a big difference to the sound of the door and the audio

eg. https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/accessories/deadening/silent-coat-starter-set-sound-deadening-damping-isolator-absorber-pack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DerekHa said:

Hi Derek,

I remember years ago ordering what was then called car door water shredder known today as door card weatherproofing membrane sheet. And it is available off eBay etc.

Opps, I guess I am showing my age with the old name. 🙄

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185568423815

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Derek,

I remember years ago ordering what was then called car door water shredder known today as door card weatherproofing membrane sheet. And it is available off eBay etc.

Opps, I guess I am showing my age with the old name. 🙄

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185568423815

i think you mean water shedder sheet/film aka polyethylene membrane

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

i think you mean water shedder sheet/film aka polyethylene membrane

No your absolutely right it is shedder and not shredder. Did you know that some Land Rover Defender and MG sites still have it under Water Shedder. 😅

• Haha 1

im just as bad, i mixed up Perko and Dergo the other day - one is a door closer the other is an air admittance valve

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

im just as bad, i mixed up Perko and Dergo the other day - one is a door closer the other is an air admittance valve

Do you know the one thing we should all remember when we get things wrong.

At the end of the day we are all human beans. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links