Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 order books closed

Devon Aygo

Today Toyota announced along with the already closed PHEV order book current production for 2023 RAV4 is now fully allocated and until further notice no further order for RAV4 will be accepted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

That’s not a surprise I’ve seen comments that other manufacturers, VW etc., are also struggling and are now deferring orders.

Anything potentially coming from China in terms of parts or components has got to be in doubt with the current declared Covid situation which does not look like being resolved anytime soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RAV no longer appears on Toyota UK website. Another reason to use a stoplock or similar. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, robo1 said:

RAV no longer appears on Toyota UK website. Another reason to use a stoplock or similar. 

It's why I got a steering lock despite it being a company car, that normally I wouldn't be too bothered where I left it.  Definitely not going to get a replacement any time soon if it gets stolen and not recovered.

• Like 2

Wonder if there are many spare parts available. Would make more sense for Toyota to divert scarce parts to new car production to maximise profits. 

Is this simply a supply issue or something more nefarious? Manufacturing lag due to that-damn-virus?

EDIT: PLUG-IN model. Seems the regular hybrid model is still available.

On 12/27/2022 at 6:34 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

EDIT: PLUG-IN model. Seems the regular hybrid model is still available.

At the risk of simply requoting the OP:

On 12/24/2022 at 4:26 PM, Devon Aygo said:

[Today] Toyota announced along with the already closed PHEV order book current production for 2023 RAV4 is now fully allocated and until further notice no further order for RAV4 will be accepted

Neither PHEV nor HEV are currently available to order ...

Hope it gets sorted before I need to order a new car (company) in about 12 months. Looking at the R4P GR Sport as a likely successor to the current R4P. If not I'm back to Merc unless they're having problems.

39 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Hope it gets sorted before I need to order a new car (company) in about 12 months. Looking at the R4P GR Sport as a likely successor to the current R4P. If not I'm back to Merc unless they're having problems.

I think that Mercedes are in no better shape right now according to a news flash I saw before Christmas along with VW etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I think that Mercedes are in no better shape right now according to a news flash I saw before Christmas along with VW etc.

I think Volvo and Ford (same thing really) are also in the same boat. Before xmas I heard of Ford changing the spec of cars prior to delivery. i.e. with features missing.

Things may begin to improve now that China is opening up but I would not expect things to get back to "normal" - whatever that is now - for quite some time yet.

• Like 2

The trouble with China opening up is they are doing it at a time when covid is sweeping the country. Which is why the US is considering a ban on Chinese citizens entering the country. The zero covid policy without a population wide workable vaccine has just failed. They have also stopped publishing covid data I wonder why?

• Like 5

True Ernie....China has relatively no natural immunity or vaccine immunity....a disaster!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

That's probably true. Might have to go Korean if that's any better. Or just get a Dacia Duster 4x4, and save a load of money. There's probably not much tech in one of those. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Talked to my local dealer on Saturday, and he was saying that he expects the order book to reopen in the next few weeks, this was for the upcoming mid life revamp, getting the display that is in the bz4x and other minor upgrades. He has promised to keep me informed!! I await with baited breath 😀

On 12/28/2022 at 2:42 PM, Strangely Brown said:

Volvo and Ford (same thing really)

Geely have owned Volvo since 2010 so quite different to Ford now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So if I order a Rav4 now and delivery in 2024.  Does the part exchange price get calculated for next year too?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catnash said:

So if I order a Rav4 now and delivery in 2024.  Does the part exchange price get calculated for next year too?  

Ask your dealer! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, catnash said:

Hi Catnash.

Good question! Sort of question I was interested in last year! 

In my case I was offered a part exchange value at the time (but had to sell the car to the dealer for cash), I was also offered a lower 'minimum'  value for the eta date.

I ordered in FEB 2022  with eta of June/July 2022, but delivered at the end of Oct 2022 - so a lot of unknowns. I sold the car in Feb - but I was lucky to have a second car I could use.

Of course Dealers will vary, so if you can visit a couple of dealers.

Good car though 🙂

• Like 1

Catnash 

Agree good question and one I have wondered about having never had to wait very long for a new car ( 2021 RAV delivered within a week) Thinking of changing next year but don’t want to engage with the sales department yet.
If you have to wait say 9 - 12 months for a new car I assumed the value given would be a estimate based on your car being that much older and the estimated mileage at that time but there are lots of uncertainties. I assume nearer the time the dealer would give a final valuation open to negotiation.

Naimart got cash for his car at valuation so no delay.

Hopefully other forum members , who have gone through the process, will be able to inform.

Do you get a used one now or having a firm price is important for budgeting...been in touch with carwow as my local dealer never go below MSRP.

44 minutes ago, catnash said:

Do you get a used one now or having a firm price is important for budgeting...been in touch with carwow as my local dealer never go below MSRP.

Try Drivethedeal, usually better than carwow. I used DTD price as my target guide when I ordered my RAV in September 21 and just about price matched it. However given Toyota are not taking orders it may not be possible to get a price…… And if any dealer responded along the lines you refer - I would simply walk. No negotiation, no sale. 

Most recent experience was with wife's Toyota. Very similar starting point to Naimart. They offered a value there and then, which was slightly above AutoTrader PX valuation, but also gave a forecast value based on estimated delivery date which was around £500 lower. She needed the car so we accepted the latter. The car arrived 3 to 4 months later than the original estimate and they kept to the forecast value (although in the meantime the AutoTrader valuation had only dropped £200 so it was to their benefit really). I was never under the impression that this was a guaranteed value though. There's nothing to say it's been pranged, hammered, or increased mileage significantly in the meantime, so it would be unreasonable to expect a guarantee. But if you look after the car and maintain the average rate of mileage, it seems they are being fair about it (at least our dealer was), and I suppose you could push them if the valuation hadn't dropped as much as they forecast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nlee said:

Most recent experience was with wife's Toyota. Very similar starting point to Naimart. They offered a value there and then, which was slightly above AutoTrader PX valuation, but also gave a forecast value based on estimated delivery date which was around £500 lower. She needed the car so we accepted the latter. The car arrived 3 to 4 months later than the original estimate and they kept to the forecast value (although in the meantime the AutoTrader valuation had only dropped £200 so it was to their benefit really). I was never under the impression that this was a guaranteed value though. There's nothing to say it's been pranged, hammered, or increased mileage significantly in the meantime, so it would be unreasonable to expect a guarantee. But if you look after the car and maintain the average rate of mileage, it seems they are being fair about it (at least our dealer was), and I suppose you could push them if the valuation hadn't dropped as much as they forecast.

Thank you soo much.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links