Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 order books closed

Devon Aygo

Having refused one special event but accepted the second and ordered a new car, my advice is go if convenient. It serves one purpose, it keeps you up yo date. 

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

ordered a new car,

What did you order and how long to wait?

I got another mail through the post yesterday this time saying it was the dealer managers special invite to only a selected few with extra special offers and an extra £250 off voucher included in the mailing. They are trying hard for sure and seem to be pushing the CHR maybe because there is the new variant due this year? This on top of Toyota once again being top of the world wide pile for the number of cars manufactured last year.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:33 AM, ernieb said:

They are trying hard for sure and seem to be pushing the CHR maybe because there is the new variant due this year? This on top of Toyota once again being top of the world wide pile for the number of cars manufactured last year.

New C-HR currently due September this year according to something I stumbled across a couple of weeks ago.

Local dealer had loads of new current C-HR freshly delivered the other week, looked like they where stocking up on popular combinations 🤔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Toyota are running radio ads for the CHR too. 

Plenty of tv adverts appearing for C-HR & also Lexus UX. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was told today that MY 2023 orders can be placed end of March or so. MY 2023 already in showroom in GR spec.

7 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I was told today that MY 2023 orders can be placed end of March or so. MY 2023 already in showroom in GR spec.

Do you mean that there is a physical car available to see somewhere or that it's going to be available to order?

I'm pondering whether to cancel my current order and place a new one for the upgraded model.  It will be a long wait but I've waited over a year already and now won't be getting the model that I originally ordered...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centaur said:

Do you mean that there is a physical car available to see somewhere or that it's going to be available to order?

I'm pondering whether to cancel my current order and place a new one for the upgraded model.  It will be a long wait but I've waited over a year already and now won't be getting the model that I originally ordered...

Yes. A dealer near me has a MY2023 in the showroom. They are waiting for a demonstrator.

So far it looks to be longer (tons of leg room for rear passengers), has digital dash like gen. 5 Corolla, and seems slightly wider.

I set the seat to sit in the driver seat, then got in the back. No issues at all, and I'm very tall. Never had so much leg room in the back! My knees don't get close to the seat in front.

Boot space is huge.

On 2/26/2023 at 12:40 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Yes. A dealer near me has a MY2023 in the showroom. They are waiting for a demonstrator.

So far it looks to be longer (tons of leg room for rear passengers), has digital dash like gen. 5 Corolla, and seems slightly wider.

I set the seat to sit in the driver seat, then got in the back. No issues at all, and I'm very tall. Never had so much leg room in the back! My knees don't get close to the seat in front.

Boot space is huge.

The 23MY RAV is exactly the same as the previous year save for a few trim and spec changes. It is not a redesign and neither wider nor longer. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 12:40 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Boot space is huge.

Are you sure this wasn’t the Highlander?

• Like 2

Posts re delivery, orders, etc, and not specifically related to the Rav4 order book being closed, have been moved to:

On 3/2/2023 at 12:34 PM, Roger_N said:

Are you sure this wasn’t the Highlander?

Definitely the Rav4.

The 23MY RAV is exactly the same as the previous year save for a few trim and spec changes. It is not a redesign and neither wider nor longer. 

Not sure then. Seemed larger than the one I drove back in September. Maybe being in the showroom vs. outside made the difference.

• 1 month later...

It is now nearly May 2023.  Just downloaded the new Toyota April 2023 UK Price List.

The RAV4 is not shown on the price list, in any variation at all.

Maybe it is the end of the RAV4 for te UK market ?

Toyota-price-list-APRIL-2023.pdf

27 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

It is now nearly May 2023.  Just downloaded the new Toyota April 2023 UK Price List.

The RAV4 is not shown on the price list, in any variation at all.

Maybe it is the end of the RAV4 for te UK market ?

That's a little odd but considering that one can no longer order a MY23 RAV4, and Toyota have yet to release MY24 RAV4 pricing it may simply reflect the current situation ...

• Thanks 1

By 2024 the 6th generation RAV should be coming to the market. 

• Thanks 1

The SUV sector is too buoyant to withdraw from the UK market. It is simply supply issues and the mk5 is due a facelift (rather than a full redesign). My guess is Toyota will also introduce EU7 compliant engine and longer EV range to keep competitive. I hope they address the quality of the cheap scratchy rubbish interior plastics too. 

• Thanks 1

EU7 compliant engine

What does that mean please ?  is it ULEZ type stuff ?

scratchy rubbish interior plastics

Our Nov 22 bZ4X already has some scratches on interior plastic despite best efforts

9 hours ago, philip42h said:

Toyota have yet to release MY24 RAV4

Given delivery times are presently anything 12 to 18 months and even longer, if they don't start accepting orders again soon, it will be 2025 before anyone gets the new model !!!

Quick Google shows the RAV listed and available to order at Toyota France , Germany and Ireland. ( The Corolla Cross is also available in Germany and Ireland) 

If Toyota Uk unable to list due to supply problems why are other markets not affected? Wonder if they missed out on getting an allocation for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received an email from my local Toyota dealer saying they are now taking orders for the RAV4 and was I interested. 

• Like 1

Read somewhere last week that Toyota Europe were reviewing some of the allocations.