Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 order books closed

Devon Aygo

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Read somewhere last week that Toyota Europe were reviewing some of the allocations.

Yes on Autocar website. The UK probably getting more GR86 allocated was referred to. Was also a more ominous reference to a decision about the future of Toyota manufacturing in the UK by the year end….. (sorry for thread topic drift). 

3 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

I have just received an email from my local Toyota dealer saying they are now taking orders for the RAV4 and was I interested. 

Maybe when the interest rates aren't 9% aye.

• Sad 1

It will be interesting to see the new prices.

• Like 1

I ordered one today for September delivery, I believe from central Toyota allocation so should be available through any dealer, I had a choice of four colours so will be white, silver and one other colour I can't remember. Suspect they are cancelled orders

They were dynamic premium models.  I got a small dealer contribution to offset the high interest rate.

Go get em! 

16 hours ago, CBphev said:

I ordered one today for September delivery, I believe from central Toyota allocation so should be available through any dealer, I had a choice of four colours so will be white, silver and one other colour I can't remember. Suspect they are cancelled orders

They were dynamic premium models.  I got a small dealer contribution to offset the high interest rate.

Go get em! 

I hope you do get your car in September but I ordered mine 1 year ago and I'm being told it will possibly be delivered in October/November but no guarantee. That's a pretty messed up ordering system if you get your car before me 😆

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danlo said:

I hope you do get your car in September but I ordered mine 1 year ago and I'm being told it will possibly be delivered in October/November but no guarantee. That's a pretty messed up ordering system if you get your car before me 😆

It sounds like these are cancelled orders, so may have been ordered before yours and not the same colour as you ordered.

Why  not speak to your dealer and see if he can get one?

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

It sounds like these are cancelled orders, so may have been ordered before yours and not the same colour as you ordered.

Why  not speak to your dealer and see if he can get one?

Yeah, could be cancelled orders but I though RAV4's were like hens teeth and that any cancelled orders would have been snapped up by other people in the order queue. Who knows 🙂

I'm being told that mine will probably be converted to the GR Sport version, so I'll probably hang on until Oct/Nov to see what happens. I went and bought an old scrapper Honda CR-V to tide me over until the Rav4 arrives, so I'm not in any hurry now.

1 hour ago, Danlo said:

Yeah, could be cancelled orders but I though RAV4's were like hens teeth and that any cancelled orders would have been snapped up by other people in the order queue. Who knows 🙂

I'm being told that mine will probably be converted to the GR Sport version, so I'll probably hang on until Oct/Nov to see what happens. I went and bought an old scrapper Honda CR-V to tide me over until the Rav4 arrives, so I'm not in any hurry now.

Most sales are lazy, once they have an order it sits on the back burner, one or to will keep on top of things and see what's available and possibly find some cancelled orders.

If you get the GR Sport  you will possible get it for a good price, maybe even the same price you agreed for your current order, at least you should be near the front of the queue for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Toyota UK website is still saying :

"we have sold out of the current model..."

Seems odd, if they have sold out the 2023 allocation, but new deliveries take anything up to 18 months, surely they should be taking order now for 2024 ?

Wonder if there is going to be a big model refresh / upgrade for 2024, hence the delay in accepting orders

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was known there is a new facelift model coming around Sept. 2023 for pre-orders? It has the new all-digital cockpit display, for example, the same as the gen. 5 Corolla now has.

Not looking like anything in the pipeline for the immediate future. I got this email from Toyota Finance today....

Screenshot_20230620-150318.thumb.png.93bf6981df7e4fdf78c5fe8e53b2717e.png

• Thanks 1

So my local dealer has a none registered new RAV, with the full digital dash and bigger info screen without the buttons.

Looks very nice.

I wonder how much it will be as an ex-demo in a few years time 😀

Leaving my company next January, I could buy my company car from the lease firm, it will then be a 2 year old 4WD Excel HEV at 40-45K. At the time that was ordered it cost I think £38K. They are even way more expensive now.

As supply is so limited It might be profitable to sell?  I suppose depending on the price I can get it for. I would keep it as an ideal long termer but even at a good used price its a bit of an extravagance for a retirement vehicle. Currently they are quoting me £29K to buy it, but it will be a fair bit older more miles by then.

I got the same email as nlee above recieved, just this morning.

On the basis of the shortage of this car I'd be very tempted to buy if for no other reason than I'd be sure I could turn a profit if I sold it on.

14 minutes ago, ernieb said:

On the basis of the shortage of this car I'd be very tempted to buy if for no other reason than I'd be sure I could turn a profit if I sold it on.

I would be very surprised if you couldn't sell it for a significant profit at that price.

Anyway, why not keep it. It's a one owner car that has been well looked after and serviced. Better the devil you know?

As for being extravagant for a retirement vehicle: bah! I think mine is just about right. 🙂

• Like 1

For info, Listers have given me a trade-in value of £27k for my 21 plate Design 2WD, 10k miles on it.

WBAC were quoting a little over £28k but no doubt that would have gone down a bit on appraisal despite the fact it's in very good condition.

50 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

For info, Listers have given me a trade-in value of £27k for my 21 plate Design 2WD, 10k miles on it.

WBAC were quoting a little over £28k but no doubt that would have gone down a bit on appraisal despite the fact it's in very good condition.

Seems a bit mean to me but I guess that’s the market price right now.

This is what the Autotrader app recommends for mine. Definitely dropped quite a bit recently.

2021 PHEV

Screenshot_20230621-111858.thumb.png.941e577dbcc24b2ad17d95d4121091c6.png

1 hour ago, nlee said:

This is what the Autotrader app recommends for mine. Definitely dropped quite a bit recently.

2021 PHEV

Screenshot_20230621-111858.thumb.png.941e577dbcc24b2ad17d95d4121091c6.png

That’s the same spec as mine so gives me some idea of prices, although I will be keeping mine long term.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Seems a bit mean to me but I guess that’s the market price right now.

Yeah tbh it's not a concern as I have a good deal on the replacement and I plan to keep that one for a long time,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Have you tried Motorway or Carwow?

On 6/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, nlee said:

Not looking like anything in the pipeline for the immediate future. I got this email from Toyota Finance today....

Screenshot_20230620-150318.thumb.png.93bf6981df7e4fdf78c5fe8e53b2717e.png

I received same and clicked the link early last week , no obvious attempt to make contact yet either which is interesting.   The fact they are trying to move owners to a different model is also of note.  

Most annoying as I am not interested in a different model as the RAV fits my needs so very well and am not going full electric anytime soon.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links