Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 rear doors won't lock with CLS

egartnuc

Hi,

2 days ago, at the same time, both rear doors locks stopped working and they are stuck in open mode. I can lock/unlock just fine the front doors and the trunk. When I try to lock or unlock there is no sound whatsoever from either door, which makes me think it's an electrical issue somewhere since both doors stopped working simultaneously. Mind you, it's cold winter here at the moment, but as per the same logic I think if it was a mechanical issue one door at the time would stop working.

Car dealership is charging way too much to even diagnose a problem so if at all possible I'd like to look into the issue myself first.

2013 Avensis, T27, family wagon.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tomas

Hi, with the remote it's still wont work both rear sides ?

Does anyone play with the children safty lockers of both rear doors ?

Hello,

Yes, correct.

Hmm, yes, 2 small kids playing back there all the time. I guess I will go look at the switches.

I tried flipping the inside locks a few times and then tried the central locking. It is possible to lock and unlock manually from inside, but not with central locking system.

Best regards.

Tomas

• Like 1

I would be inclined to check the wireing where it comes out the b post and into the door the wires usually go through a rubber sleeve/grommet and with the constant opening and closing of the doors over a few years can cause the wires to fracture.

try wiggling the wires while operating the central locking .

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi, same problem. Did you manage to solve it ?

I have same problem. It been -34C outside couple days now and yesterday only front passenger side opened. I drove my car warm yesterday and locked/unlocked doors about million times while driving and every door started to work again but boot lid doesn't work at all.