Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Setting the clock

FairyGlen

Unfortunately I am new to all this digital stuff in a car, so can anyone tell me how I set the clock in the Toyota Aygo X Exclusive please. Checked the manual and can't even find the instructions in there.

• Like 1

Hi Sarah,

You need to use the steering wheel buttons.
Left side of the steering wheel... there you use the thing you can push down on until you are in the right menu..
The menu appears in front of you in the screen close to your km counter.
In 'settings' you will have to go sideways. That is done by the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel too, the ones who point < and >

If it doesn't work for you, let us know. Then i will try to make the explanation more complete and clear.

Indeed, the manual doesn't explain much about the menus you can change or enter there... You kind of have to use it regularly so you know what can be done and how to do it.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, you need to just sit in your Agyo X and have a good play...if you know what I mean.  The instructions manual is fine, but just have a play and you'll get the hang of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That 'good play' is something I always do on the parking lot of the dealer's when I pick the car up. I can never wait to get home for that.

@FairyGlen  : the good play is to sit in it and make everything work (while not driving = safer) in every possible way. Go through every possible setting you can find.

Do that for the dashboard menu and the multimedia too..

However Bobby : not everybody can be interested to do all this.
My wife for example is the kind of driver who will, after 2 or 3 years, ask how to use the fog lights and to switch them off, what is this or that button for..  She still switches her phone to silent because she thinks attaching it to bluetooth is too complicated...  And still she's surprised about things the car can do if I tell her.
I guess I need to respect her wishes. She's too old to change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Hi Sarah,

You need to use the steering wheel buttons.
Left side of the steering wheel... there you use the thing you can push down on until you are in the right menu..
The menu appears in front of you in the screen close to your km counter.
In 'settings' you will have to go sideways. That is done by the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel too, the ones who point < and >

If it doesn't work for you, let us know. Then i will try to make the explanation more complete and clear.

Indeed, the manual doesn't explain much about the menus you can change or enter there... You kind of have to use it regularly so you know what can be done and how to do it.

Thank you so much for the explanation haelewyn, I will give this a go today now I have more time. Best Wishes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

To be honest, you need to just sit in your Agyo X and have a good play...if you know what I mean.  The instructions manual is fine, but just have a play and you'll get the hang of it.

Thank you very much BobbyMcLeish. I am sure I'll be doing lots of playing over the weekend. With any luck I might find a button that does the housework. Best Wishes

• Haha 2

My biggest grip I having to hold down the lane assist button every time I use the car to switch it off. It also took a while to realise that in setting the cruise control if you hold the button in the up position for a time it reverts to being a straight forward cruise control without all the radar stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Donrald said:

My biggest grip I having to hold down the lane assist button every time I use the car to switch it off. It also took a while to realise that in setting the cruise control if you hold the button in the up position for a time it reverts to being a straight forward cruise control without all the radar stuff.

I didn't know that about the cruise control.  I'll try that later today 👍

One thing is that when you activate the cruise control, you can also set other options like active lane keeping assist.
You control this by pushing the lane assist button. There you can set it in two ways. Active and passive.
When you use the LTA together with the Cruise control, you can also change the distance your car wants to keep away from the next one.
And then you need to learn to handle the throttle whenever a car is coming in front of you to avoid your car will break for a faster driving other car in front of you. . . Because the distance becomes small for a little while.

My main thing I have to learn now is to keep pushing the clutch when I drive onto a parking lot.
The engine shuts down with every stop of the car and that is sometimes a bit ridiculous.

There should be a button to disable the stop-start, but you have to do it every time the car is started as it resets.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the tips with the controls. Just as I pulled up on the drive from shopping, my brother pulled up,  so with your tips and his help, the clock has now been sorted. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cyker said:

There should be a button to disable the stop-start, but you have to do it every time the car is started as it resets.

There is... but I want to avoid becoming a driver who never uses this system.

It's there to save petrol. Let it save the petrol for me.

If the starter goes out too soon : it's on the list of extended warranty items  😉

• Like 1

Don't worry, it's there because it doesn't go wrong :laugh: 

I have to say the stop-start system in my Mk2, when it worked, was very responsive and never skipped a beat. The starter for the stop-start system has typical Toyota over-engineering and also looses the pop-out solenoid, which is usually the thing that stops working on starter motors, so it's pretty darn robust.

• Like 2

Ah, Thanks for the info.

I have found alternators to be a bit on the weak side before with toyotas. 

Never saw a starter of one of my cars (or in the family) go bad on a toyota.

• Like 2

That's the thing with Toyotas - they have a lot of sub-par stuff, esp. fit and finish and the weird slightly bizarre idiosyncrasies that a lot of their cars have, but the important stuff - the stuff that matters - they engineer to last!

I'm slightly trapped with them as I just couldn't go back to other marques now, where replacing major components like pumps, bearings, suspension pieces, hoses etc. every few years is considered normal!

With all my Toyotas I've never had to replace any major non-wearing component; Even then, only the clutch and brakes in my manual cars, but no chains, no hoses, no shocks, springs, control arms, HT leads, cables, none of that! It was a nice change from my Fiesta, which although cheaper to repair, needed so many things over time I had it!

• Like 1

An irritating aspect of the stop start on the Aygo X automatic is if it has engaged, when you take your foot off the brake the car jerks forward as the engine engages. You need to anticipate the lights or cars in front moving and lift your foot off the brake ever so gently.

There is an easy way of disengaging stop start on the Aygo X automatic and that is not to push your foot all the way down on the brake pedal. You get a message telling you press harder!

• Like 1

A way to avoid that is that you would put the car into N (CVT version) every time you come to a complete stop in front of a traffic light.

I am driving the manual gearshift version. The break pedal does not play a part in the start stop system there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I  feel your pain...as far as I am aware this cannot be done on the all singing all dancing infotainment thingy....after lots of time research had to ask a friend who has a career in the car industry spanning many years and having use of the latest cars and what technology has to offer... we finally discovered it is the toggle switch thingy on steering wheel that will run you through the menus on the small screen behind steering wheel that will also change time on infotainment display... bit like trying to win lottery... if you know the numbers great!! .. if you don't it's just downright painful 

This is a year later, so I'm hoping a year's worth of playing in the Aygo has done the trick! when I had to adjust the clock in mine when the clocks went back, it was easy doing it via the touch screen, just went to settings and I think there was an option to change which time of year it was.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links