Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No longer available - 3yr Mapcare & services?

animaal

My Camry is almost 3 years old. The navigation/maps/online services will need to be renewed, and a few months ago I saw on the Toyota site I'd be able to buy a 3-year mapcare subscription.

Now that I'm ready to purchase, it seems the 3-year subscription is no longer listed on the store. Only a "1yr Mapcare & Services" option is available, and it's not great value.

I haven't seen any discussions of this anywhere. Is the 3-year option missing for everybody?

Mine is nearly 4 years old and I only have the 1 yr option like you.

Bit disappointed with the price of the map updates and that there is no Android Auto facility, so have to rely on their maps.

Thanks @YellowBassman, at least I know it's not something odd with my setup.

Given I have the Q2 2022 map update already, I might wait until the Q2 2023 maps are released before I resubscribe.

Martin, whether you update or not should be solely dependent on where you drive.  If you drive locally you will probably see new roads before they show on the maps. 

If you drive a long distance infrequently and where there may be major road works then up to date maps would be worth while. 

But, last year on a UK motorway, travelling north, traffic was so heavy that we decided to use an old Roman road to the north east.  We exited the motorway on the western slip only to discover the road to the east was closed. It took ages of somewhat aimless driving to pick up our new route.  Only a good map, and ability to map read, worked. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 12:52 PM, animaal said:

Is the 3-year option missing for everybody?

me too, I wanted to update my yaris17 and the 3yrs option at 130€ was very convenient, but now it's gone...1yr 130€? no thank you, bye bye 🙂 

Just to add - browsing a Dutch Toyota forum, I saw a long-running thread indicating that Toyota has tended to run special offers on Mapcare in the May/June period, and again in November/December. I'm holding out to see if anything turns up then. There are no new map updates yet in 2023 anyway.

• Thanks 1

As "animaal" notes above Toyota offer a campaign license twice a year shortly after the new Maps are released, maps are issued Spring/Autumn and the campaign offer runs May/June & November/December and offers 3 years map care & connected services for the same price as 1 years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I emailed Toyota UK to ask about 3 year MapCare & Services option as I have used it in the past, they replied

The 3 Years of MapCare and Services item has been removed due to lack of interest in the item.

There is currently no plans for this item to be reinstated.

I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for contacting us at Toyota.

Clearly this thread shows there is interest!

11 minutes ago, pgcowie said:

Clearly this thread shows there is interest!

But as we're independent of Toyota, Toyota won't see this topic, and won't know there is 'some' interest.

Paul, you did the right thing approaching Toyota and have their 'definitive' answer.  Now you need to stimulate the interested to make Toyota aware of the interest. 

This forum is one such route, there may be other ways you can generate interest. 

• 1 month later...

Quick update for anybody interested - Toyota is currently offering 3 years mapcare & services for €129...  Filll your boots!

• Like 1