Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote pre-conditioning

NeverConsideredToyota

I about to order either a Yaris or Yaris Cross. Desighn or excel

Can anyone tell if if I will be able to remotrely active climate/preconditiong via the app to warm/defrost the windscreen? I assume it will start the car (like in my current XC60)

52 minutes ago, NeverConsideredToyota said:

I about to order either a Yaris or Yaris Cross. Desighn or excel

Can anyone tell if if I will be able to remotrely active climate/preconditiong via the app to warm/defrost the windscreen? I assume it will start the car (like in my current XC60)

I found this video for yaris cross

• Thanks 1

You can in my brand new Excel.  It does start the engine if needed.  Don’t know about other grades.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the remote climate control via the MyT app and it works well.   Basically it will start the car and run the air con at whatever temp it was left in, so should be good for pre-cooling the car in summer too.  Found this really useful on frosty mornings we've had recently as the windscreens and side windows de ice and demist really quite quickly and thoroughly.  Even on the worst of the icy conditions we've had recently, it's only needed 10 minutes and you're good to go.

• Like 5

These remote climate was added to the Yaris registered June or July 2021 and newer only on Excel and Dynamic models. The Dynamic has now been discontinued. I think it may also work on the GR Sport Hybrid I believe. My previous Yaris was an Excel registered in May 2021 and the features was not available on the MyT app. I'd double check before making a purchase as you don't want the problem I had and had to buy the newer registered one. Hope this helps.
  • Like 1

I was told that mine would ( haven’t got it yet) by the dealer, and some on here, mine lives overnight in my garage so no real problem with freezing up, however, sometimes it does freeze whilst parked at work, mine has a heated windscreen ( ford) which is really handy, but being able to warm the car say 10 minutes before I leave will be handy too….

• Like 3

I work shifts and sometimes I have to leave home as early as 3/4am so this feature was really important to me when buying the car although. It seems a silly stupid feature but for people like me it's very handy especially in the cold weather. It seems to always heat at 22 degrees and cannot change it. I thought it heated on the degrees that I last set the car at. Clearly not. Very pleased with it so far though and to have it on a Yaris is brilliant!

• Like 4

It is certainly supposed to use the last set temperature.  If the car is in the garage so remember to open the door before using it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

It is certainly supposed to use the last set temperature.  If the car is in the garage so remember to open the door before using it. 

No it’s not in a garage. I leave the he car heating on the highest temp (30 degrees) before I shut it off. The following day I start the car via the MyT app, it will always heat the car at 22 degrees only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakesYarisHybrid said:

No it’s not in a garage. I leave the he car heating on the highest temp (30 degrees) before I shut it off. The following day I start the car via the MyT app, it will always heat the car at 22 degrees only.

22 is fine.  You can mess once you’re in it.  

• Like 2

That's my girlfriend's logic, set the temp to High to hope the ice-cold car will heat up quicker 😄 Yes, there is some regulation to not overshoot the set temp, so the car will gradually cut heating power to reach the set temperature but in first few km is doesn't matter.

The car is actually pretty loud when charging the HV Battery or heating up the engine temp. Hardly comparable with small 4-piston petrol engines, that are hardly heard at idle, even when you stand above the bonnet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

That's my girlfriend's logic, set the temp to High to hope the ice-cold car will heat up quicker 😄car is actually pretty loud when charging the HV battery or heating up the engine temp. Hardly comparable with small 4-piston petrol engines, that are hardly heard at idle, even when you stand above the bonnet. 

The could be why it has the acoustic glass.  However I notice the engine is noisy but the not changes the moment I increase the throttle.  In the first minute, if I stop the engine noise picks up again. 

It's not being drowned by road noise as it is only in the manoeuvring phase as I set out. 

• Like 1

The only models that get this are the Launch/Premier and Excel models since June 2021.  

Just replaced my Launch with a GR sport and it's gone 😞

• Like 2

Will this work on Design trim 2023 model? It doesn't have the tech pack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToyotaFan56 said:

I think so.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:19 AM, Roy124 said:

The could be why it has the acoustic glass.  However I notice the engine is noisy but the not changes the moment I increase the throttle.  In the first minute, if I stop the engine noise picks up again. 

It's not being drowned by road noise as it is only in the manoeuvring phase as I set out. 

Yeah I've mentioned this a lot too... it's really weird and quite obnoxious!

I have a feeling it's something to do with there being no balance shaft like the M15A-FKS and 1KR-FE have (Also 3 pots but muuuuch smoother), and instead apparently having some sort of counterweight on the MG1?

Either way it's really jarring when the engine and car are otherwise quite smooth and quiet; I've taken to choosing longer routes that are less likely to have stationary traffic, just to minimize it!

It's one reason I wish the useless EV-mode button was a Charge button, so I could force the engine to run while moving and put loads of charge into the Battery so that when I am stuck in miles of stop-start traffic, I can just run on Battery power for that whole stretch without the engine starting up and shaking out my fillings and eardrums!

1 hour ago, ToyotaFan56 said:

21 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I think so.  

If memory serves, it's the trims that have the newer headunits and push button start that support it.

• Like 1

So my excel with city pack ( smaller screen) won’t have it??

6 hours ago, Primus1 said:

So my excel with city pack ( smaller screen) won’t have it??

Take no notice of him, he knows nothing 😉. I’ve got an excel with the smaller screen and mine has remote start/heating and remote locking.

CA3358A1-4BB6-46A3-8976-AB327CAD6542.png

• Haha 1

I wonder if these features ( remote locking and heating and unlocked door notification ) can be added on MY20 Yaris equipped with  TT3 and keyless entry and start, with a firmware update. 

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah I've mentioned this a lot too... it's really weird and quite obnoxious!

I have a feeling it's something to do with there being no balance shaft like the M15A-FKS and 1KR-FE have (Also 3 pots but muuuuch smoother), and instead apparently having some sort of counterweight on the MG1?

Either way it's really jarring when the engine and car are otherwise quite smooth and quiet; I've taken to choosing longer routes that are less likely to have stationary traffic, just to minimize it!

It's one reason I wish the useless EV-mode button was a Charge button, so I could force the engine to run while moving and put loads of charge into the battery so that when I am stuck in miles of stop-start traffic, I can just run on battery power for that whole stretch without the engine starting up and shaking out my fillings and eardrums!

If memory serves, it's the trims that have the newer headunits and push button start that support it.

I think you must have a demic.  All three cylinder engines have a growl under load but there’s no way mine was obnoxious or irritating enough to take an extended way home.  My route home from work has a one mile 1:6 climb and this is where the maximum “flare” is experienced from the engine.  Yes it revs and yes it is intrusive but no more than flooring a diesel in a city car.  It’s quieter still in the cross so I’m more than happy.  I also seem to do rather better than you with the EV mode.  I can drive all round my town on EV and I live in the hills of Derbyshire.   Our engine has a balance node on the front crank pulley.  

1ABA222B-9F0C-4A2A-A3DB-EC878EAE8A52.png

• Like 1

So what about all the legal ramifications of this witchcrafterey, those who have to park on the road and have their engines running whilst it warms up, are they in danger of falling foul of any passing plod?, I’m assuming that there are systems in place to prevent the car being driven away, ( no key detected ect) but, isn’t it illegal to leave a car running whilst no driver is present?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

So what about all the legal ramifications of this witchcrafterey, those who have to park on the road and have their engines running whilst it warms up, are they in danger of falling foul of any passing plod?, I’m assuming that there are systems in place to prevent the car being driven away, ( no key detected ect) but, isn’t it illegal to leave a car running whilst no driver is present?

Yes, there is a quitting law against leaving an engine running on the highway.  Technically it needs to be off the highway and that doesn’t mean under somebody’s front window - I think it’s 15m.  As per usual it’s more likely to be a nosey neighbour that reports it than one of the very rare passing police.  

As for security, I think the conditioning only works if the car is locked though I haven't checked the specifically.  With the conditioning running, as soon as you unlock the door it shuts down. 

As an aside, conditioning is the perfect opportunity to have the car in its Ready mode Battery conditioning mode as well. 

3 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

As for security, I think the conditioning only works if the car is locked though I haven't checked the specifically.  With the conditioning running, as soon as you unlock the door it shuts down. 

Yes, I tried it with it unlocked and it won’t work 👍