Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another MyT quirk (PHEV)

nlee

My broker takes its server down at weekends usually once a month.  My bank also a few times. It relation to Amazon Toyota is only on the first division. 

I am new to Toyota, 3 years.but how long has MyT been on the go? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this app has a history of unpredictability, but recently it seems to have deteriorated further, for me at any rate.

Apart from more frequent missing trips it now always says my vehicle is in motion albeit with the correct current location. Anyone else seeing this?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

I know this app has a history of unpredictability, but recently it seems to have deteriorated further, for me at any rate.

Apart from more frequent missing trips it now always says my vehicle is in motion albeit with the correct current location. Anyone else seeing this?

Working fine for me. When I say fine I really mean like it always has. No dodgy vehicle in motion though but always missing trips. 

• Like 1

Trip out today was recorded just fine. The return trip back home no more than 30 minutes later, not so much. Completely missing.
When I first got the car 4 months ago it was recording everything quite happily. Over the last month or so pretty much 50% of trips are unrecorded.

It certainly feels like something has changed.

• Like 1

Car is sat outside and the app has correct location but....790064604_Screenshot_20230127-1540012.thumb.png.c7859027a6154956adae1113402759b6.png

And this is the case each time it moves to another location. Have no idea why. App is version from 18 November.

Definitely got much worse recently. Slow to log on, or fails to log on completely. Slow refreshing the pages and many more delayed trip records than before. My last trip is showing as Monday and I've done at least 4 trips since.

I've more or less given up on the trip data, stats and vehicle location. I'm only interested in starting the climate control or a charge remotely, and I still can't do that at the moment! Car booked in next week for the software update for that.

It really feels like the infrastructure can't keep up with the number of new vehicles and users.

On another forum, one member contacted Toyota about the problem of not being able to start the preconditioning remotely. Toyota advised him to try at a different time because they had only bought a certain amount of cellular network data or bandwidth for the car "SIMs" and they might have reached the limit. I find that hard to believe but if it's true, it's still truly unbelievable!

MyT Yaris Cross Premier Edition also as missing journeys, also when I first got the car, (Send to) was present under services and I used a few times but then I change my email address that's when my problems really started, I rang Toyota today about send to missing, He came back to the phone awhile later and said my multimedia system doesn't have this feature yet but as I said it was there before used it, hes reply again that my multimedia does not have this as yet, waste of time calling. I have the top of the range Yaris cross 22 plate!!!  What do you do   🙃

After not being able to start the cabin conditioning for some time, except once recently, I’ve managed to use the app two days in succession. Both days the car was still connected to the house granny cable, the app connected very quickly. Previously I was relying on the traction Battery. On all of these occasions I was also selecting front and rear window defrost. I’m going to try tomorrow with the cable disconnected and the traction Battery at around 80%.

it’s all very frustrating.

1 hour ago, nlee said:

On another forum, one member contacted Toyota about the problem of not being able to start the preconditioning remotely. Toyota advised him to try at a different time because they had only bought a certain amount of cellular network data or bandwidth for the car "SIMs" and they might have reached the limit. I find that hard to believe but if it's true, it's still truly unbelievable!

Maybe worthy of a new thread but does anyone know whether the SIMs use 3G or 4G data?
Given the impending shutdown of the 3G network and some masts already being shutdown I wonder how the cars will fare in the future.

23 hours ago, ernieb said:

After not being able to start the cabin conditioning for some time, except once recently, I’ve managed to use the app two days in succession. Both days the car was still connected to the house granny cable, the app connected very quickly. Previously I was relying on the traction battery. On all of these occasions I was also selecting front and rear window defrost. I’m going to try tomorrow with the cable disconnected and the traction battery at around 80%.

it’s all very frustrating.

Well tried the cabin conditioning and defrost front and rear without the 240v connected and it fired up within a few seconds, 80% traction Battery.
The app initially said there were issue that engineers were working on and in the mean time some features etc., might not work or be missing. Mine worked OK.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Well tried the cabin conditioning and defrost front and rear without the 240v connected and it fired up within a few seconds, 80% traction battery.
The app initially said there were issue that engineers were working on and in the mean time some features etc., might not work or be missing. Mine worked OK.

Mine works from the App plugged in or not fairly reliably with respect to firing up preconditioning right away. Usually about a 5 to 15 sec delay. But not the scheduling option. Tried that a few times recently now. Plugged in or not. Indicates that it connects to the car to set the schedule but never fires up the air con. Still, I just use the App to start the preconditioning 

• Like 1

Well I can now no longer start the preconditioning from the App as of today. FFS. Been trying several times. Things are definitely getting worse.

I'd have uploaded the error message screenshot but for some reason I can't. 

• Sad 1

I noticed this morning that a few trips from last week have finally appeared.

Only took them 4 days. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hayzee said:

App is just a bag of worms! The era of the connected vehicle! 

A bit like the mythical paperless office 😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

A bit like the mythical paperless office 😀

Yep, I was talking to my son over the weekend and he told me he had to 'wet sign' some business paperwork rather than electronically. It made me smile as to how wet the signature had to be! 😇

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It seems quiet here 🤔

Recently, the app works every time for me including login and climate control, no more errors stopping me from opening the app. It feels like they have finally migrated or improved the infrastructure to handle the traffic 🏆

Mine also, especially since they updated the DCM module? Since then the app has logged in OK every time and I’ve connected to instigate the cabin conditioning without issues. Having said that I’m sure that tomorrow the Toyota gods will come out to bite me in the BTM. 😇

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links