Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Headunit To Yaris: Phase 2! (phase 1 Too)

Moffmo

Does anybody know if it works the same way in a t-sport. -the speedomeeter is different, just wondering.

• 7 months later...

Great guide! :-)

But where do you buy the "Halford adaptor"?

I guess that the local Toyota-dealer don’t sell then... ;-)

Great guide! :-)

But where do you buy the "Halford adaptor"?

I guess that the local Toyota-dealer don’t sell then... ;-)

Tricky one.. Halfrauds is a shop in england. Do you have any big ALL-AREAS motor shops? or even shops that specialize in ICE (In car Entertainment? )

No ALL-AREAS motor shops i Denmark... Bugger! And the price on adaptor’s in ICE-stores is a laugh in Denmark... A Pioneer ISO-connector costs aprox. 55 euros - so i think i’ll try eBay instead... :)

Today i got all the wirering done - a piece of cake with this guide... And a lot easier than my old 106 GTI...

Thanks a lot for the link! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Hi Matt or anyone who could help me:) I would be eternally gratefull. This is my first posting. I have recently bought a Jap imports Vitz 1999 4WD and decided ot change the radio as it was useless even when chipped. I managed to find one on eBay however the new one is made up of two seperate units, dispay and radio cassette. Mine was CD/Radio/Cassette all in one. THe new one has the wiring lead missing. I cannot connect the display part with the radio unit. Does anyone know the pin connection so I create a lead or any info wher can I buy one?

I would like to thank you Matt for your detailed pictures as I was able to dismatle my dash and radio without trouble or damage. thanks again.

Ian

Malta

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Quick question, does the tape player still work with this method? What about the 'Tape/Cd' and 'AM/FM' buttons on the top panel, will they still work?

Thanks in advance.

The tape player wont work mate, the buttons wont work either as it has nothing to control

thanks for your effeort mate, i have both the head and cassette unit, howver I cannot find the wiring connections in between, not even Toyota Malta can help. they suggested I change the whole vehicle's wiring:(:( if only i knew the connections of both head and cassette units I could do a cable myself.

thanks to all

• 10 months later...

I have a phase 2 Yaris with the teardrop headlights. I want to install a new car stereo as I currently have the standard cassette tape one. I'm looking to do this myself as I can get a cheap stereo from work for about £40-£50. Looking to get either the Kenwood KDC-W311A or Fli Swat 5. Would these fit ok into the cash tray? Would I still need to buy a fascia even though the stereo is fitting into the existing slot? Is this easy to do as I or none of my family have ever fitted a car stereo and I don't wanna risk doing any damage to my car. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a phase 2 Yaris with the teardrop headlights. I want to install a new car stereo as I currently have the standard cassette tape one. I'm looking to do this myself as I can get a cheap stereo from work for about £40-£50. Looking to get either the Kenwood KDC-W311A or Fli Swat 5. Would these fit ok into the cash tray? Would I still need to buy a fascia even though the stereo is fitting into the existing slot? Is this easy to do as I or none of my family have ever fitted a car stereo and I don't wanna risk doing any damage to my car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yeah. they are single din units so wil fit in with no problem in the cash tray.. you wont need to fit a fascia :)

I would say its very easy!

• 2 months later...

Moffmo, unreal mate that this advice is still valuable in 2008!

Took under an hour to dismantle and reassemble dash and build in a Sony GT41OU xplod cd player in coinbox using Toyota Yaris wiring adapter.

Sony screw seatings fit Yaris brackets. No tray or fascia needed, no filing either.

A tip. Before disassembling cover the floor opening under the dash to catch any dropped screws and use a magnetic screwdriver. Screws can drop through the hole in the right hand corner of the ashtray housing or from behind the lower dash assembly. :yahoo:

• 2 months later...

whats the biggest watt amp that can be connected to the standard Battery (ie without having to have a seperate one for it)

any help appreciated. :rolleyes:

whats the biggest watt amp that can be connected to the standard battery (ie without having to have a seperate one for it)

any help appreciated. :rolleyes:

Depends on how much you use your car stereo, without having the engine running...

In my Yaris i have a Phoenix Gold ZX475ti amp that can pump 523 watts RMS @ 14,36 volt (4 ohms) through the system, and i don't have any problems at all with my Battery... :)

The most important are the cables - i have a 35 mm cable from my Battery to my amp, and a DLS 100 amp automatic fuse... If the powercable is to small, the amp would not be as efficient - and that sucks... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've tried to fit an aftermarket head unit today to my Yaris and everything went fine except the wiring connections - when using the Halfords Adaptor I'm left with another pink and blue one which I assume is the Speakers - does anyone know where this goes as the Halfords adaptor only has space for two?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Apart from that everything fits great and the guide was superb.

I have images if needed. How do I post them?

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I've fitted an aftermarket head unit today to my Yaris and everything went fine thanks to this "old" workshop submission.

Great help and glad that it still is on TOC...

This weekend the front doors will get new Speakers, also thanks to the information on TOC.

:P

• 3 months later...

i was wondering one question if your yaris is already fitted with factory cd player ,can you swap this with an aftermarket head unit and would this affect the built in sat nav with voice as i would not want to stop the sat nav thanks for any replies

• 1 year later...

Hi all!

Im a new member, purchased an 02 plate Yaris for the missus, 1 ltr, I have done all what has been done in these really helpful posts but still have problems! The head unit im tryin to put in is a Sony xplod, I bought the connector for £17.99 from halfrauds! lol! the connector i have has a space for the light blue connector and also a little white one for another connector in the yaris which leaves a larger white one redundant. Is this correct?? When i tested it, there was no sound from the Speakers from any radio channel and when I tried to change it to cd, it would start beeping saying reset and then either go back to radio, again with no sound, or turn itself off!! I have reset the cd player according to the manual but still does the same thing! I just would like to kno whether iv connected it right. Blue connector n little white one, bigger white one left out...? cheers all! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links