Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate display issue Corolla e210 hybrid

Zilk55

Hi all. I have a issue that my dealer can not find (yet) , maybe someone on the forum has had the same issue and knows the fix for it.

I show the issue step for step in my video:

Certainly doesn't look right Roger, haven't tried it on my RAV4, but I'm sure someone with a Corolla will comment shortly.

The question is how the night/dim function is implemented.  The video suggests each area is controlled separately.  It seems likely therefore that there is a fault in the climate control panel. 

A likely fix would be a panel change.  The question is whether it is the entire Touch 2 panel or if the climate control system is separate. 

• Thanks 1

Yes very strange. All functions are correct, even when the light of numbers is off, i can still see them when i look closely. 

Looks like the stereo buttons also does not light up which suggests the night illumination is not working.

Have you checked to see if there are any fuses for dash illumination that might have blown?

Have you increased the light on all illumination to be at its max position? 
Try to do this if haven’t done so. If no luck , then disconnect the 12v Battery negative terminal for 20 or more minutes. Reconnect and see if any changes happened. Has Toyota dealer scanned the car for any fault codes? 

49 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Have you increased the light on all illumination to be at its max position? 
Try to do this if haven’t done so. If no luck , then disconnect the 12v battery negative terminal for 20 or more minutes. Reconnect and see if any changes happened. Has Toyota dealer scanned the car for any fault codes? 

I found a video on youtube about the fuses and checked all the 5amp in my car ( under the steering wheel , left side ) 

All the 5amps seems healthy. 

Also, i have a question about some devices i found in the dashboard, and there is a sticker on the car saying "Hybrid Battery Lock"

This devices have the text " Low Battery " on 1 side. And the other side: FCC ID IDIEW3KP-07.

here are some pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2eVhJsFX9AthKgew6 

Anyone know what it is?

I take it you're in the US not london - fcc id IDIEW3KP-07 is a US lo-jack module

the display looks like it's in night (dark mode) - iirc there may be a setting under Vehicle - customizations on the touch screen

i will have to check if there is a test or mode change for the HVAC controls

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I take it you're in the US not london - fcc id IDIEW3KP-07 is a US lo-jack module

the display looks like it's in night (dark mode) - iirc there may be a setting under Vehicle - customizations on the touch screen

i will have to check if there is a test or mode change for the HVAC controls

I am located in The Netherlands, because this forum has the most users, i hope to fix my problem the soonest :) 

Just disconnected the 12v Battery negative terminal for 45 minutes, but that has no effect :(

• Thanks 1

if you put the car in Drive, does the lighting work as it should ?

on the touch screen under setting - display is day mode on or off ?

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There is no change between P mode , and during driving the car :(

After dinner i will make some pictures of the touch screen menu after putting it to English ;)

On 1/12/2023 at 5:14 PM, flash22 said:

i cannot find a day mode?

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

touch screen - setup - display (bottom right)

Did you see the setting in my shared url?

had a look at the diagrams and dimming circuit goes directly to the heater control panel i would remove and unplug the heater control panel, the dim wire should be the light blue and should be 12v with the headlights on

25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

had a look at the diagrams and dimming circuit goes directly to the heater control panel i would remove and unplug the heater control panel, the dim wire should be the light blue and should be 12v with the headlights on

Did you also see that all the led lights behind all the buttons are not powered. Even when lights are on. 

So the problem is bigger that only the climate numbers showing :(

You need to check that 12v, i will check to see what else is on that circuit/wiring comb

does the glove box light and the illumination for the high beam assist work ??

50 minutes ago, flash22 said:

does the glove box light and the illumination for the high beam assist work ??

Alright, i checked at night, but seems only the Touch screen buttons are blue. Also, the ambiance light is working at doors, cupholders, charging panel, glovebox. no blue led at the high beam assist button and next to it. I added the night pictures to my google photos album

Your hazard switch, EPB switch is also out - they all share the same connector (No.8 junction connector) that is located above the glove box on a LHD attached to the main dashboard frame, they all share the same 5a panel fuse Replace this fuse

I even marked it for you

1893037228_e210intfusebox.thumb.jpg.c55e9c29d4459998d5d5a55a9140f2fb.jpg