Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate display issue Corolla e210 hybrid

Zilk55

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Your hazard switch, EPB switch is also out - they all share the same connector (No.8 junction connector) that is located above the glove box on a LHD attached to the main dashboard frame, they all share the same 5a panel fuse Replace this fuse

I even marked it for you

1893037228_e210intfusebox.thumb.jpg.c55e9c29d4459998d5d5a55a9140f2fb.jpg

IMG20230116161130.jpg

The fuse seems to look untouched. Stupid question, but where are the spare fuses?

6 minutes ago, Zilk55 said:

The fuse seems to look untouched. Stupid question, but where are the spare fuses?

In a shop 😉 you don't get any spares these days

On 1/16/2023 at 5:07 PM, flash22 said:

In a shop 😉 you don't get any spares these days

i still did not had time to go to a shop. But seeing the fuse, it seems perfectly fine? 

Maybe 2nd step is to check if there is power on the socket?

yes check for voltage at the fuse box and the heater controls (should be light blue wire)

On 1/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, flash22 said:

yes check for voltage at the fuse box and the heater controls (should be light blue wire)

Alright, i have a update. There is voltage in that 5 amp socket. 

This strange thing appears.

When i leave the 5 amp fuse out, the numbers of the climate control show. 

And when i put the fuse back in, the same problem is back. No numbers of climate control when light on. 

But, all the buttons in the car are still not coloured blue as they should. 

What can i check next ? 😋

1 minute ago, Zilk55 said:

Alright, i have a update. There is voltage in that 5 amp socket. 

This strange thing appears.

When i leave the 5 amp fuse out, the numbers of the climate control show. 

And when i put the fuse back in, the same problem is back. No numbers of climate control when light on. 

But, all the buttons in the car are still not coloured blue as they should. 

What can i check next ? 😋

Edit. 

When the fuse is out. Also the buttons of the Touch screen are not coloured blue.

But, in the meantime i will keep the fuse out, because i prefer to see the climate control numbers , then blue touchscreen buttons 😉

That 5a supplies the illumination it dims the LEDs in the heater controls, but it also does the illumination for multiple switches (high beam assist, epb and hazard switch among others)

something is taking out that signal

unplug the heater controls, it's very easy, everything is clipped together and see if the switches come back to life

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That 5a supplies the illumination it dims the LEDs in the heater controls, but it also does the illumination for multiple switches (high beam assist, epb and hazard switch among others)

something is taking out that signal

unplug the heater controls, it's very easy, everything is clipped together and see if the switches come back to life

Ok, so if i understand correctly, you want me to unplug the connector shown in red? And then see what it does when the fuse is installed? 

Screenshot_2023-01-21-19-05-40-28_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 3:59 PM, Zilk55 said:

Appearances can be deceptive.  A fuse might have an invisible fault.  On one occasion I had a fuse fail under load but still passed a continuity check. 

Different style fuse but it appeared to have melted and solidified without rupturing.  The high resistance caused the system to fault. 

Even removing and refitting the same fuse can some times work. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Appearances can be deceptive.  A fuse might have an invisible fault.  On one occasion I had a fuse fail under load but still passed a continuity check. 

Different style fuse but it appeared to have melted and solidified without rupturing.  The high resistance caused the system to fault. 

Even removing and refitting the same fuse can some times work. 

Thanks, i will also get a brand new fuse from the dealer 😋

There are 2-3 connectors in that trim 1 goes into the hazard switch 1 or 2 into the heater controls

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:15 PM, flash22 said:

There are 2-3 connectors in that trim 1 goes into the hazard switch 1 or 2 into the heater controls

Alrighty, i made time to visit the dealer for a brand new fuse 😋

Still no blue lighted buttons.

Also, i disconnected the climate module, no change in blue buttons.

Still, only the buttons of the Touch screen are lighted 😔

Taking a second look at this and going through the diagrams, the only thing that makes sense is there is an issue with junction connector 8 (power) or 9 (ground)

remove the glove box - above the heater box is the dashboard reinforcement (metal frame) on this there are 3 connectors in a row  unplug these and plug them back in - do them one at a time tho

Are you anywhere near Mijdrecht ?

Thanks for taking the time Bob. 

I hope to get back with results. You will here from me.

Mijdrecht is a 40 minutes drive. Do you have a Toyota friend there?

My private situation has made me DIY, i cannot afford a dealership bill at the moment :(

But i work hard to keep the Corolla at the drive way :)

Sorry, only just see your post

I know of someone, very highly regarded in auto electrics and diagnostic world

Thanks for the info 😀

I did not had time yet for the glovebox, will be continued

On 1/31/2023 at 8:33 AM, Zilk55 said:

Thanks for the info 😀

I did not had time yet for the glovebox, will be continued

Hi,

In this youtube video i see a brown connector, below the filterhouse. Is that the only connector that i need to disconnect / connect?

It's up high on a big metal bar - looks like you need to remove the glove box to access behind it, for that you will need to remove the dash trim like you did before to access the top 3 bolts, pop the kick panel off to access the one by the door there should be one in the bottom left corner (5 bolts total)

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's up high on a big metal bar - looks like you need to remove the glove box to access behind it, for that you will need to remove the dash trim like you did before to access the top 3 bolts, pop the kick panel off to access the one by the door there should be one in the bottom left corner (5 bolts total)

Like in this video?

That's it pop the dash pad off like the vid 5:17 to 5:30 no need to pull the radio tho

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 7:53 PM, flash22 said:

That's it pop the dash pad off like the vid 5:17 to 5:30 no need to pull the radio tho

So, been busy and still riding without buttons leds when it gets dark ;)

I have taken the dash pad off and made some pictures. It is hard to see what kind of connectors are behing. Maybe you could point it for me? And which one to start with? 

Should i unplug while the car is turned on, or turned off?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qxSe6sUaPZF8FPL76 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links