Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Toyota Yaris

Barneyboy1

Hi, Please can anyone advise me if on a 2012 Yaris there is any way of disabling the auto locking, if you unlock the car and go straight to the boot and open it within 30 seconds of unlocking it will automatically lock the car again ( it won’t auto lock if we open one of the doors within 30 seconds ) this has caused us twice now to have to have the spare key brought out to us due to having 2 handfuls of shopping putting it in the boot and accidentally placing the keys in the boot and without thought shutting the boot to find the car has locked and the keys are in the boot, we’ve never had this feature before on a car and it would be great if there is a way of disabling this, any assistance will be very much appreciated, many thanks Paul

The easiest thing to do is just open a door and then close it again then it won't trigger; It only does it if the doors are not opened at all.

It might be something the dealer can disable, but according to the manual for my Mk4 the dealer can change it to 30, 60 or 120 seconds but can't turn it off completely.

Hi Cyker, thanks for responding, I’d read that in the owners manual as well, I was hoping that perhaps someone had found a way of deleting it, I’ve owned the car for 10 years since new and a family member has had it since Sept and has twice now locked the keys in the boot, they popped to the local Toyota dealer with both keys and the guy there said it was impossible to lock the keys in the car!!! However wouldn’t come outside so she could show him, it would be great to resolve this for them. Cheers Paul 

Is it a hybrid with the touch screen ?

Does the boot light come on when opening the tail gate ?

As soon as you open any door and/or tailgate, it turns off the auto lock

Hi flash22, thanks for replying, it’s not a hybrid model, I should have mentioned it’s a 1.0 3 door Yaris edition with no touch screen👍 on this model it auto locks the car after 30 seconds if you only open the boot, Cheers Paul 

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links