Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extended Warranty after 10year/100k

Bruce Lea

Toyota don't offer Extended Warranty after 10year/100k, what are the best options?

• Like 1

Hi Bruce,

It's an interesting post as I understand it you can extend the warrenty past this date but I assume the cost to do this may not be viable.  I am working on the assumption that a car over 10 years would fall in to the wear and tear bracket no matter what went wrong and trying to claim on the warrenty would likely be rejected.

I am sure those with far more knowledge of this will be able to offer us alternative options if available. 

Maybe after 10 years the assumption is you would have either purchased a new car or a newer used one.

• Like 2

You can effectively make it last to 11 years old if you time it right but after that it's aftermarket which are often not worth the paper they're printed on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

You can effectively make it last to 11 years old if you time it right but after that it's aftermarket which are often not worth the paper they're printed on.

Yes. If the vehicle is serviced just before it's 10th birthday (provided it is still within the mileage limit), the warranty extension can be valid until the vehicle is nearing it's 11th birthday.

This has been the case for a number of years with the previous, paid for extended warranty.

Similar scenario would probably apply to the hybrid Battery extended warranty generated by the hybrid health check. Ie. provided the vehicle is within the mileage limit, having a hybrid health check completed just before the vehicle's 15th birthday, should provide a hybrid Battery extended warranty which expires near to the vehicle's 16th birthday.

• Like 2