Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Van intermittent starting

Mannfall

Hi, wondering if it’s ok to ask her for Hiace Van electrical advice. Please delete if not allowed. I have a 1995 Diesel Hiace ZL. It’s having intermittent starting issues. Turn the key to Start and nothing happens, not even a relay click just silence. Solenoid doesn’t pull in either as it has done at other times when it had worn contacts. Turn the key back to On and then to Start again and it fires up. Starter motor sounds fine, was reconditioned a year and a half ago, no hesitation starting. I’ve thought it might be the Start contacts in the ignition switch so I put a Push To Start switch in parallel with the Start contacts but the next time it failed to start and I held the key the the start position and hit the Push To Start nothing happened, took my finger off the Push To Start and hit it again and it fired up, just like the ignition strict was doing, so the ignition switch isn’t the fault. My question is, is there a starter relay in between the ignition switch and the starter motor solenoid? If so where is it located? Or if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I don’t think it’s the Stater Moter or Solenoid but I could be wrong. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

I just started having this same issue with my 2002 petrol Hiace, did you end up solving the issue?