Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AA renewal

FROSTYBALLS

I'm on a member group of Which?

One member has posted today that their AA renewal (roadside assistance, home start, and transport to final destination) has increased from £445 last year to £645 this year! Another member joined the RAC for £300 less than their AA renewal!

Makes Toyota Roadside Assistance seem reasonable @£89 for the year.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

£645!!  What is that for? - a Range Rover? 😀.  TBH I think the Toyota cover is a very good deal for what you get. I can only think that the reliability of Toyotas lets the AA offer a good corporate pricing deal.  Let’s hope the flat Battery issues don’t put too much a dent in that. 

• Like 6

I think it would be helpful if the member was to list how these figures have been reached, If you go on to the AA site. cover for all above is £228. There are many breakdown recovery services that offer far lower prices then the £228 I have quoted.

• Like 3

I used to use Green Flag, good but not as cheap as Toyota.  Green Flag offered a no claim discount.  That might be the reason for the steep increase 'we will cover you but rather not.'

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

To be fair £645 for a RR is not enough, it will be on the back of a recovery truck on a daily basis 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Ill certainly renew the roadside assistance on my Toyota once its due - its highly unlikely to ever need it but its always handy for unforeseen emergency breakdown situations. 

Last time I called roadside assistance out ( RAC ) was due to a puncture on a family members car, we had a usable spare to fit but the wheel brace ( provided by Ford ) failed so unable to undo the wheel nuts. 

• Like 5

Mrs Kingo had cover with the car insurance, she misfuelled the car one day and they would not come out, had to pay a fuel Doctor about £200 if I recall correctly. From that day on we have been with Toyota Roadside Assist and never had to use it lol, certainly good value 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Misfuel cover is no longer standard I think some bank packaged accounts offer it from experience GreenFlag charged £210, I was really surprised how quick the guy did it took less than an hour thankfully I’d realised what I’d done when I took the receipt so just pushed the car to the side. Think they used some company called fuel doctor 

• Like 1

Sheen time depends your fuel tank layout.  In my Mercedes E220 the fuel tanks are either side of the propshaft and under the rear seats.  The syphon tube through the filler cap didn't reach. 

The GF man had to remove the rear seats, remove two plates in the car floor and then two tank covers. 

A better method might have been to break in to the fuel line under the hood and draw all the fuel through the feed line. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Start Rescue still have misfuel cover, at least on the 3 stars cover. 

• Like 2

Remember the olden days, one was a club, the other an association and people were members of both. 

You find AA men at service areas selling the insurance.  Do they ever drop everything and go rescue? 

• Like 2

It took over five hours for my son to be 'rescued' by the AA. Had to download the app and then set up an account, even though he was already a member. 

When I got my new C-HR,I took out a service plan which gives me two extra years of Toyota breakdown cover. With the first year as part of the new car deal, that makes a total of three years. I'll more than likely be changing my car for another one by then, so it's bye-bye AA for me.

• Like 2

Apart from the adverts from the  4th, or is it the 5th, emergency service 😁, do you seen many adverts from the other rescue services? 

The AA certainly has brand leadership, product placement, and up front visibility. A bit like Hertz. 

Remember Avis, 'not the biggest but we try harder'? 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links