Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Proactive Driving Assist

bZ4X

From Toyota UK:

"The behaviour of pedestrians and other vehicles can be hard to predict, but with Proactive Driving Assist (to be introduced in 2023), the bZ4X is able to scan the road ahead calculate collision risks and operate the brakes and steering at an early stage to help prevent an accident. This can be, for example, a person or cyclist close to the edge of the road or about to cross, or a vehicle ahead."

I think this will be activated later on with a major updae at the dealer service.

Good grief, I hope they've tested that in a city environment! I have a horrible feeling if my Yaris had that, when I'm driving down the high street it would just stop and never let me move! :laugh:  (It's very common for people to walk near the edge of the road on the kerbstones, or even just stand on the edge of the road talking!)

I wonder how good it is at detecting a cyclist at night on a unlit road with no lights on as thats quite normal for cyclist on roads where I live.

• Like 1

You know, what I would like is a full-screen fully collimated HUD that draws boxes around potential threats, with grades of colour depending on threat level, to bring my attention to them, instead of trying to take control away from me and e.g. steer me in to parked cars/oncoming traffic to 'avoid' them.

A night vision overlay that highlights the road and any obstacles the infrared and radar systems pick up that are hard to see visually would be good too.

It's a bit silly but I sometimes feel slightly affronted that I had to take a driving test to get my license, yet the car apparently knows better and is allowed to override me despite having no driving lessons or a license.

• Haha 2

Just wait one day cars will have no steering wheel or foot controls so your only option will be a dead mans switch ie turn all systems off then hope it can stop in time!.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links