Do Not Sell My Personal Information

when cold temps outside car ticks over at 1200rpm

2009joe

hello got a kinda anoying thing that i dont like this only happends in cold temps well no matter if i drive the car and its up to temp i notice when the temp outside is still cold ay 0 r 1 the car revs its self up to 1200rpm instead of the likeable 800rpm i wonder is this possible to change this in techstream  a 2014 toyota avensis with 1adftv 2.0 d4d engine 

It’s normal, mine does it too, as did my last one. 
It only does it when the heater fan is on so, it must be to do with trying to keep the coolant heating up as putting the heater fan on does the same as the radiator fan, i.e. it cools the engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well maybe the fan is on heat to keep me warm but the car is alos at operating temp as its in the middle thats as high as it goes but still the car revs up to  1200rpm i kina hate that sure those 2.0 s4s 1adftv engine be good enough that the car needs to sit reving at that while the heat is on or not . do you guys think i could change this in techstream to just tick  over at the 800rpm and instead of reving  its head of itself when  ever it fancies 

On 1/25/2023 at 10:17 PM, 2009joe said:

well maybe the fan is on heat to keep me warm but the car is alos at operating temp as its in the middle thats as high as it goes but still the car revs up to  1200rpm i kina hate that sure those 2.0 s4s 1adftv engine be good enough that the car needs to sit reving at that while the heat is on or not . do you guys think i could change this in techstream to just tick  over at the 800rpm and instead of reving  its head of itself when  ever it fancies 

This it perfectly normal.  The car does this to heat up the engine quicker on cold days.

• Like 2

As above, it's normal when cold rpm, is set high to heat the engine and get the cat/dpf up to temp also the higher electrical load also increases RPM

you can it no way change the rpm it's part of the ECU map what has a set strategy for a said condition

eg. A/C or high electrical load it will increase the rpm to compensate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

tbh im not even sure using those additives are safe for the engine and injectors or they would put it in diesel before shipping it to stations 

If k&n filters are good why toyota don't put it ?!

If wax on paint is good why toyota doesnt say anything to use it on the paint. 

If they use trash junk Speakers why they dont put good ones like focal jbl or so ... then you dont need to change them by yourself insted of suffer every drive ...

Why toyota dont add material that low the road noise then i dont need to deal with all the car parts that make noise ...

A lot if why Q.

Toyota and Lexus has a well deserved reputation for producing reliable (albeit unexciting) cars and commercials.  I trust that when it comes to reliability, that they know better than enthusiastic amateurs and that they see through hyperbolae and marketing.

I don't believe that K&N filters are beneficial.  Better airflow can only improve output on engines which can use the extra air flow.

Ch4.1 of my manual - Maintenance and Care says to wax the paintwork when water no longer beads.

Speakers in mine are fine.  HiDef sound production in a metal box which is rolling along metallised roads, potentially through wind, rain and adjacent vehicles, windscreen wipers going, demister on sounds like a losing battle - noise cancelling headphones might work though.

Probably the quietest car I've had in the last 45 years, better than any of the VWs, Hyundais, Fords, Fiats, GM or Mazdas in my experience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dava said:

Toyota and Lexus has a well deserved reputation for producing reliable (albeit unexciting) cars and commercials.  I trust that when it comes to reliability, that they know better than enthusiastic amateurs and that they see through hyperbolae and marketing.

I don't believe that K&N filters are beneficial.  Better airflow can only improve output on engines which can use the extra air flow.

Ch4.1 of my manual - Maintenance and Care says to wax the paintwork when water no longer beads.

Speakers in mine are fine.  HiDef sound production in a metal box which is rolling along metallised roads, potentially through wind, rain and adjacent vehicles, windscreen wipers going, demister on sounds like a losing battle - noise cancelling headphones might work though.

Probably the quietest car I've had in the last 45 years, better than any of the VWs, Hyundais, Fords, Fiats, GM or Mazdas in my experience

Well tbh on my 2014 Toyota avensis I did the speaker upgrade and a class d amp .there is alot of different than the Speakers I took out and the new ones I put in it's a big difference .but other than that I didn't change anything else or add any of those additives etc

why toyota put 46/50ah car Battery and when you change it you put 60/66ah ?

why change the manufacture. 

• Like 1