Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Cross exclusive Sat nav

Ian I A

Hi. 
please could any explain how to add favourite destinations to Sat nav. I know how to find my the destination I need back can not find how to add it to favourites 🥲😓

One trick I know by heart is to see previous destinations on the bottom side of the screen, press this long time.. then you can add to favorites. Favorites is often portrayed as a symbol of a star you need to touch and colour.

If that doesn't seem to be working for you perfectly, I will check in my car later..

Enjoy !

• Like 1

Why in an 5G area where a Apple phone is picking up 5G does the Aygo X exclusive show only 4G on the navigation screen.

Surely the car should be able to use 5G when available.

I reckon that may just be a glitch of some kind.  It's your phone that's using data, not the car.  Mine shows 5g on my phone and the cars screen.

Regardless of what the cars screen shows, I'd go with what your phone is showing.

• Like 2

Maybe not a 5g but just a 4g modem inside.

Or the international simcard not having roaming access to a local 5g network. The sim cards that car factories put in are often not from a national operator in your country but the ones I saw are from international dedicated companies who make these m2m tariff plans for bargain prices.

Only own brand customers have access to 5g here. probably not the m2m simcards.

It's not a long time ago that 2g was considered good enough and even best for m2m purposes.

There is a difference between what networks your phone can receive / shows or what your car does.

4G should be sufficient for it's needs.

I didn't see any 5g on my screen yet.

Living on the Isle of Wight I don’t use the sat Nav that often. Infact last weekend when I went to visit friends in Yorkshire was the first time I used it. It worked ok, but I did come across something that must be a bug, which hopefully over time will get sorted. I programmed my destination, everything functioning fine and set off. The problem I experienced occurred after stopping for a break at a service station. When I continued my journey the route didn’t continue from where I stopped I had to re enter my destination and start again. At another of my rest breaks it asked me if I wanted to continue my route, I selected yes but then got the standard safety message you get every time you switch on and route disappeared, forcing me to renter destination again. Not a great deal, as could just select it from the history, just an annoyance really.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 4:25 PM, Akuram said:

Why in an 5G area where a Apple phone is picking up 5G does the Aygo X exclusive show only 4G on the navigation screen.

Surely the car should be able to use 5G when available.

The Exclusive uses the Smart Connect system this does not use your phones data connection it has its own DCM ( Data communication module ) which is not 5G compatible 4G is the best connection it can make.

iirc when using Apple car play / Android auto the system is then using your phones data and will repeat the connection type on screen

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

Living on the Isle of Wight I don’t use the sat Nav that often. Infact last weekend when I went to visit friends in Yorkshire was the first time I used it. It worked ok, but I did come across something that must be a bug, which hopefully over time will get sorted. I programmed my destination, everything functioning fine and set off. The problem I experienced occurred after stopping for a break at a service station. When I continued my journey the route didn’t continue from where I stopped I had to re enter my destination and start again. At another of my rest breaks it asked me if I wanted to continue my route, I selected yes but then got the standard safety message you get every time you switch on and route disappeared, forcing me to renter destination again. Not a great deal, as could just select it from the history, just an annoyance really.

Hi Jason.

thanks for your message I find the Sat nav really frustrating. I’m going to use my Apple play map. Don’t seem to get any problems with that.

Ian

• Like 1