Do Not Sell My Personal Information

main screen - disable screen auto dimming

brainii

hi all,

can this be done on the corolla 2022?

it auto dims on its own, when for example passing under bridges, shaded roads etc.

I couldn't find a setting, there are only settings to adjust brightness/contrast.

thanks

Changing the Brightness on Your Toyota Vehicle’s Infotainment Screen

On newer Toyota vehicles, there is a menu button located to the left of the infotainment screen. By clicking this, you will see a list of options. Toward the bottom right of the screen, there will be an option labeled “display.”

By accessing this screen, you will be able to not only modify the brightness of the infotainment screen, but also change the brightness of the rear-view camera. Most Toyota vehicles will allow you to choose options for Day Mode, Night Mode, and Auto; you can also manually increase and decrease brightness according to your needs.🙂

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bper said:

Changing the Brightness on Your Toyota Vehicle’s Infotainment Screen

On newer Toyota vehicles, there is a menu button located to the left of the infotainment screen. By clicking this, you will see a list of options. Toward the bottom right of the screen, there will be an option labeled “display.”

By accessing this screen, you will be able to not only modify the brightness of the infotainment screen, but also change the brightness of the rear-view camera. Most Toyota vehicles will allow you to choose options for Day Mode, Night Mode, and Auto; you can also manually increase and decrease brightness according to your needs.🙂

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info, but, when I hit Display, these options are not there: "Day Mode, Night Mode, and Auto"

Hi, also have a look at this link it may help if the above does not work. it is on a Toyota cross but I assume the screen is the same. Scoll down to the pictorial and it will give you more info. 👍

https://www.corollacrossforum.com/threads/day-night-infotainment-display-not-automatically-dimmable-on-le.241/

I'll give it a go and update if successful. thanks

so I have tried the suggestions above and from some other forums, involving the auto high beam, pushing the light stick towards the high beams, changing the brightness to max and other stuff.

Nothing works, brightness is already set to max and the thing still autodims at night/dark.

Someone suggested, trying the display settings again at night time (due to the "day mode" being controlled by the light sensor), doubt that will do it but will try that also as a last resort.

Toyota, this is stupid btw 🙂 Just have the setting on the screen already without all this fiddling around!

You're right. The auto dimming can not be changed.
Setting it to DAY, NIGHT or AUTO doesn't change this characteristic.

You could try Menu, display, screen off this will still allow you to listen to the radio at night if the screen is to bright if no other options are available.

Hi after looking at this issue with the problem of auto dimming whilst going under bridges, tunnels, trees etc and how annoying it can be with the main screen dimming up and down. Many comments about this from others who are having this problem have recommended the adjustment of the contrast and brightness along with day night mode etc. Also of covering the ambient light sensor etc.

However some have made the adjustments recommended but this has not stopped the auto dim feature but made the screen a little less troublesome.  A number have changed the screen theme colour which has helped to reflect and reduce the dimming effective .

As no direct button or way seems to be available to turn off the auto dim feature it would be interesting to know if there is an an adjustment that could be made with a scan tool capable of system access and adjustment. 🤔

i fixed it, finally.

what worked was simply going to "menu, display" , at night time (pitch black outside) with the engine running and the lights lever set to auto. 

the day mode option was finally there, and i switched it to on. no more auto dimming(i hope, we'll see at day time and when going under bridges etc) but i think it will be ok from now on as the main screen doesn't dim at night. 

also, i set the main instrument panel Brightness to max again (seems to keep different settings for day and night)

On 1/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Bper said:

Does your screen have the same controls and adjustment in this video as the 2022 Rav 4 or is it totally different. 

https://youtu.be/CJSFpwyVB1I

yes, infotainment screen is the same