Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPH/KPH

Roy124

My Yaris Cross, with a digital speed display had MPH as the central large display and KPH in smaller font to the right. 

Is it possible to switch to Km as the primary display, or is it a smart system that knows which to display? 

4 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

My Yaris Cross, with a digital speed display had MPH as the central large display and KPH in smaller font to the right. 

Is it possible to switch to Km as the primary display, or is it a smart system that knows which to display? 

It’s in settings Roy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, i had looked at  the manual, I will try in the car tomorrow 

• Like 1

I find checking the manual is a good place to start but I’ve always found that spending 30 minutes behind the wheel and playing around the with setting controls is a better way of understanding and a fun way of learning about your new car.  Even better, I love going to bed with a mug of Horlicks and reading page after page of the downloaded manual on my IPad.  Currently, I’m on Page 179 - 183 and learning how to move the gear lever.  A right riveting read!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Jimota said:

I find checking the manual is a good place to start but I’ve always found that spending 30 minutes behind the wheel and playing around the with setting controls is a better way of understanding and a fun way of learning about your new car.  Even better, I love going to bed with a mug of Horlicks and reading page after page of the downloaded manual on my IPad.  Currently, I’m on Page 179 - 183 and learning how to move the gear lever.  A right riveting read!

Yes James and the imagination can run riot with all the possibilities which can generate loads of very interesting subjects on the TOC forum 😮😏😔😔

• Like 2

To be fair the manual glosses over how to change the speed units and it's very easy to skip over; There's 5 times more writing on how to change the TPMS units!

But basically, if you use the steering controls to goto the settings cog, I think there's a thing in there to change the units.

IIRC it looks like it's only for changing the fuel economy units, but if you pick one that uses kph then it also changes the speedo, but I'm just making that up so it might not be right :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yes James and the imagination can run riot with all the possibilities which can generate loads of very interesting subjects on the TOC forum 😮😏😔😔

Hi Bernard, this is a cracking site and I get a fair bit of enjoyment from it.  Some of my comments are tongue in cheek, but I think it’s a good thing to break up over technical exchanges and tiny little disagreements.  On a more serious note, my Horlicks consumption is causing my wife some serious concerns and she’s advised me to get some professional help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Hi Bernard, this is a cracking site and I get a fair bit of enjoyment from it.  Some of my comments are tongue in cheek, but I think it’s a good thing to break up over technical exchanges and tiny little disagreements.  On a more serious note, my Horlicks consumption is causing my wife some serious concerns and she’s advised me to get some professional help.

Please tell your good lady to stop worrying, there’s good addictions and harmful addictions Horlicks is of the former variety.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jimota said:

Can you get a Horlicks mixed?  We used to have one like a cafetiere. 

You couldn't make a proper Horlicks without the jug 😁

Also, can you get Horlicks tablets?  We used to have then in a tin and paper wrapped IIRC? 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Can you get a Horlicks mixed?  We used to have one like a cafetiere. 

You couldn't make a proper Horlicks without the jug 😁

Also, can you get Horlicks tablets?  We used to have then in a tin and paper wrapped IIRC? 

Ah I used to love those Horlicks tablets, haven't seen them for years.

• Like 4

Toyota used to be kind, providing a physical "km/h / MPH" button on the dash. This kind of thing is considered opulent luxury nowadays.  

I trawled through the settings and thanks to Cyker's hint I found the answer.  Who would have thought to click on Ltr/100 km?

I also found how to change audio levels on warning, shut off warnings, limit the tail gate lift height (Toyota calls in Angle?).

• Like 3

To add:  one vehicle setting was to do with Oil Level.  I didn't check what it did though, anyone know?

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I trawled through the settings and thanks to Cyker's hint I found the answer.  Who would have thought to click on Ltr/100 km?

I also found how to change audio levels on warning, shut off warnings, limit the tail gate lift height (Toyota calls in Angle?).

Good idea of Cyker to look in settings 🙄😉😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair, it's not obvious that you have to pick e.g. L/100km to change the speedo to km or mpg to change it to miles!

I remember I was looking for a miles/kilometres setting, but nowhere in the manual does it even hint that you have to change the fuel economy units to switch between miles and klicks!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

To be fair, it's not obvious that you have to pick e.g. L/100km to change the speedo to km or mpg to change it to miles!

I remember I was looking for a miles/kilometres setting, but nowhere in the manual does it even hint that you have to change the fuel economy units to switch between miles and klicks!

Yes, I seem to remember giving the same advice in post 2 while you were having tea with your mate Khan.  

• Haha 1