Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris SR revving out heavy oil consumption

AislingMc

I have a 2009 2.0 diesel Auris SR,

Shortly after I bought it I had dpf & egr problems, so a local mechanic gutted the dpf and blanked the egr, I then got both mapped out. Everything was running smoothly but then started to give me trouble again.. the car started getting very smoky and consuming an awful lot of oil but was still drivable and I kept topping the oil up until one day between gear changes 2nd to 3rd it began revving up all the way to about 5000 rpm and I just turned off the car as quick as I could and there was a cloud of smoke so thick the car behind me couldn’t even see my car, after talking to a few mechanics I was told it was a turbo issue.. we replaced the turbo and it ran good for about a month then the same thing began to happen again, thinking it may have been a faulty turbo we then replaced that turbo and that same day the new turbo was put in it did the exact same thing the oil light came on after driving about 40miles and then it tried to rev out again. I got the car trailered back to the local mechanic who tried to diagnose it he told me the turbo is perfect so it is some other issue and that it might be the accelerator pedal, we changed the accelerator pedal today and after 30 miles the oil light is back on, very smoky and car seems as though it is going to rev out on me again (you can nearly tell before it does it and the rev count starts to kind of jump and get puffs of smoke) 
Wondering if anyone has any idea as to what it might be or had any similar issues before?.. I’ve asked so many mechanics and no one seems to be able to diagnose it..

Thanks so much in advance!!

Hello Give us some details about your car How many kilometers has it traveled? Have you measured the piston pressures? When you changed the turbo was there oil on it?

4 hours ago, xrhstosgr said:

Hello Give us some details about your car How many kilometers has it traveled? Have you measured the piston pressures? When you changed the turbo was there oil on it?

Hi, the car has just over 100,000 miles on it, the piston pressures were not checked as far as I know and I’m pretty sure there was oil on the turbo when it was taken out.

Well, it is obvious that oil enters into the combustion chambers and the car starts running on engine oil and diesel together. Where the oil comes in don’t know, pcv routes needs to be checked but I don’t really know and can’t say for sure. If not the turbo why they had changed? Perhaps they should reimburse you for the work. 

• Like 3

Hello again Why did you remove dpf and egr? All these symptoms occurred after removal dpf and egr ? What color is the smoke coming out of the car? Have you removed the catalytic converter? I mention this as the catalytic converter MUST go together with the others you removed If before all this the car did not emit smoke or burn oil, you have made a mistake in deleting the ones you removed. Also with the gas pedal that you changed now was the excuse? In any case, in the rebirths I have read that the contamination of oil with oil is possible to happen. The miles on the car do not justify these symptoms in my opinion if there has been no failure